Child maintenance service help

1st post please help

I am currently getting no where with the child maintenance service about a yearly review I've just received that I disagree with.
The facts are that my ex currently earns £11799.14 a year gross annual income for 2016 but the child maintenance service are still using her previous gross annual income of £5174.10 and stating that it's still at least 25% difference to her gross income given for the available tax year.

Now am I right in thinking and appealing that her income has increased by more than 25% so they should take the higher income into account and work out the maintenance from that?..

Comments

• Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Uhm wait until April? The financial years hasn't ended.
  • I've asked them to do that but they've refused stating that's what been provided (the lower amount) and refusing to use the higher amount provided by Hmrc, said I have to wait to till review time next year (Feb 2018 when case was opened)
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    I've asked them to do that but they've refused stating that's what been provided (the lower amount) and refusing to use the higher amount provided by Hmrc, said I have to wait to till review time next year (Feb 2018 when case was opened)
    Are they confused? Do they think you're the NRP trying to lower your payments?
  • daddydodo
    daddydodo Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Your ex has the responsibility to inform them of any change in her salary. They simply will not listen to you. If she doesn't inform them of the change then you'll have to wait until Feb 2018 for the anniversary of your claim to come around and CMS will use the latest figures from the HMRC feed.

If the change in her salary >25% then she is legally obliged to inform the CMS. If she doesn't then probably nothing will happen to her and you'll still have to wait unti Feb '18. Good luck - you're dealing with a computer system not human beings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure