PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

house for sale and no viewings, any advice?

Comments

• What is behind the property? It looks like wasteland/park.

Living room looks a bit full - could you remove the coffee table and the sideboard to make it look bigger.

Office looks odd - door looks too small. Is this just the angle of the photo?

Bedrooms look very spacious.

Bathroom looks small.

Pictures of garages? I don't tend to read the description unless I'm very interested. Have a picture to promote the fact it has two garages. Ditto no photo of guest WC.
    Save £200 a month : [STRIKE]Oct[/STRIKE] Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    No viewings = price.

I have to say the grass in the garden looks a bit pointless. Either should be no lawn or much more lawn. However that won't be a show stopper to a potential buyer.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks AdrianC as I thought it would be the price, the last house sold on this street went for 192,500 but didn't have the garages and no other house on the street with garages.

That newish detached has a garage. One of the semis has a gated drive.
  • What is behind the property? It looks like wasteland/park.

It is a tram line.

Living room looks a bit full - could you remove the coffee table and the sideboard to make it look bigger.

Yes i agree

Office looks odd - door looks too small. Is this just the angle of the photo?

door is normal size

Bedrooms look very spacious.

Bathroom looks small.

It is!

Pictures of garages? I don't tend to read the description unless I'm very interested. Have a picture to promote the fact it has two garages. Ditto no photo of guest WC.

Thanks for the great feedback
  • some great feedback for me to work on, thanks everyone
  • Elfbert
    Elfbert Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I had just assumed that door into the office was some weird tiny cupboard or something! Looks very odd in the picture.

I also hadn't realised you had more than one garage. Although street view does show someone parked right across them - in front of the 'no parking' sign. Perhaps not the best impression to give a buyer!

The decorating isn't to my taste, but I can see past that. I think the bathroom is very small, and, to risk going on about it, with no floorplan you can't even plan to perhaps put one in somewhere/extend it somehow.

I had my photos/floorplan done yesterday, and it's already online with rightmove etc. There's no excuse for them to be slow about it!
    Mortgage - £[STRIKE]68,000 may 2014[/STRIKE] 45,680.
  • Elfbert wrote: »
    I also hadn't realised you had more than one garage. Although street view does show someone parked right across them - in front of the 'no parking' sign. Perhaps not the best impression to give a buyer!

That would've been my son parking there, no else dare as my hubby would be at them lol

I'll be on to the ea tomorrow about the floor plans

Thanks
  • booksurr
    booksurr Posts: 3,700 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2016 at 11:13PM
    bog standard 2 up 2 down terraced house made "special" with bedroom shoehorned into the loft and what little storage space would have remained now also converted into poky "home office"

given what it started out as the overall footprint is inevitably small, so each room has limited floorspace resulting in tiny bathroom (family market!) and kitchen

in comparison competition is :
    a) cheaper
    b) either built as 3 bed from outset or has "normal" extension (ie not loft conversion) whilst still retaining reasonable size bit of land for use by the kids given it is of a size of property aimed at the family market
    c) spacious rooms, with decent kitchens that a family can eat in
    d) have off road parking and/or are not in a road where parking appears to be a problem even if your property has two detached garages (presumably low value pre-fabs rather than "proper" garages given no photo of them
  • booksurr wrote: »
    bog standard 2 up 2 down terraced house made "special" with bedroom shoehorned into the loft and what little storage space would have remained now also converted into poky "home office"

in comparison competition is :
    a) cheaper
    b) either built as 3 bed from outset or has "normal" extension (ie not loft conversion) whilst still retaining reasonable size bit of land for use by the kids given it is of a size of property aimed at the family market
    c) have off road parking and/or are not in a road where parking appears to be a problem even if your property has two detached garages (presumably low value pre-fabs rather than "proper" garages given no photo of them

The house was originally built as a 3 storey and always been a 3 bedroom as are all the others on the street. Maybe the photo doesn't do the loft bedroom justice but it is huge!
  • amateur_house
    amateur_house Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 4 October 2016 at 11:51PM
    It looks like bedroom one is in the loft, so I assume your floorplan will be something like the house next door, but yours is an end terrace so probably bigger than this?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=34751120&sale=55374516&country=england

I considered buying in Whitefield but in my price range (lower than what your house is priced at) the houses all seemed to be in noisy locations near the M60.

That link didn't work, but it's number 40 in the sold prices on Rightmove.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure