Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Just off to bed and I almost forgot to post my Saturday menu plan..

Breakfast..porridge A/B strawberries raspberries.

Lunch ...A Cheese and egg on toast salad pear clementine.

Dinner 2 Asda light and lean sausages 1 syn. Mash, carrot and turnip mash.
    Gravy 2 syns..

Extra... 2 crackerbread and butter 5 syns..Apple.
    2 alpen light bars B.
    8 syns
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Oops, looks like I got distracted before finishing yesterday's post :o

Well done Bubbs and thank you Kathryn for the chart!

Welcome to the newbies! All this talk of losing 2st by Christmas has got my cogs whirring... :D

Finally did a proper shop yesterday so my fridge is full of lovely Speed. Fully on plan yesterday and finished on 12 Syns, not so good Monday though. I honestly think I'd be able to lose steadily even if I have weekends 'off', if only I could rein myself back in promptly on a Monday :wall:

I'm trying a new tactic for drinking more water: every time I boil the kettle for a cuppa, I have to drink a mug of water first. I was definitely on the loo more yesterday!

I've also stocked up on several supplements, particularly those for joints, as I'm just fed up of feeling like sht. I'm tired all the time and I don't think that's normal for a 35 yo, particularly with no children to run around after.

Anyway today's menu:
    B - Mushrooms on toast, butter 3
    D - That new potato and asparagus salad with an egg, from the latest magazine - very excited for this it looks delish!
    T - Prawn stir fry (grated carrot, onion, mushrooms, beansprouts) and egg noodles, made with soy sauce (free)
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Bread (2x WM crustless)
    Syns - Sugar 4, butter 3, hot choc 2 = 9

Wiz that lentil and bacon soup sounds lovely - it's deffo soup weather up here in the NE!

Oh brilliant loss Kathryn, what a way to get it though! Hope it cheered you up a bit after a horrible week xx

Gorgeous TIE! The detail in the wings and the little loveheart. I'd love another tattoo but can't decide where on my body I'd have it... I'll take the plunge one day no doubt.

Well done on your first loss Ceycey! And on the running, I've been out with a sprained ankle for nine weeks now and I miss it so much (I never realised I enjoyed it tbh!)

Have a good day all xx

I know were not supposed to mention health but have you had your thyroid checked at the doctors? I did 6 years ago and my medicines been upped quite a bit over the years but it gave me similar symptoms
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • orlao
    orlao Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning :j

-2lbs for me please Kathrynha

Well done to all the losers - seems to be loads this week!
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I know were not supposed to mention health but have you had your thyroid checked at the doctors? I did 6 years ago and my medicines been upped quite a bit over the years but it gave me similar symptoms

Oh heck - so possible diabetes or thyroid - better make an appointment and have some blood tested. Thanks!

Well done Orlao!

After totting up how much I spent in supermarkets last month, I'm making a concerted effort to be frugal this month and to stop wasting so much food. So going to make a batch of soup today from some floppy carrots and some BNS pieces that have been in the freezer for about a year. Tea will be salmon, broccoli and new potatoes.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    WI with STS, happy with that considering my week! Was a bit better yesterday, still wobbly leg feeling after lunch and dog walk 🤔. Was ok at Jools Holland gig last night (apart from getting soaked :() although dodgy tum when I came home. Slept til 10am this morning :eek:

Over the years I've been tested for most things, coeliac, thyroid, diabetes etc but not recently. Will change my appointment on Monday even if I have to sit and wait!
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Hi all.

WI today and although I was - 1lb the best bit is that I'm now 3.5 stone officially lighter.

I've realised as well by the end of this challenge, it will be a year since I joined SW so that's given me an extra incentive to reach my interim target of 4 stone.

Going to the cinema tonight so plan on eating beforehand so I don't overdo the popcorn & will take a bottle of diet Coke with me so I don't have a beer whilst watching the film.

Also had my first eat in temper bar of chocolate this week ....was only a stick of fudge so the damage wasn't too bad
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :T Good Loss orlao. Well done!
    Hi all.

WI today and although I was - 1lb the best bit is that I'm now 3.5 stone officially lighter.

I've realised as well by the end of this challenge, it will be a year since I joined SW so that's given me an extra incentive to reach my interim target of 4 stone.

Go for it! and good on you getting to 3.5 today!:T

So going to make a batch of soup today from some floppy carrots and some BNS pieces that have been in the freezer for about a year. Tea will be salmon, broccoli and new potatoes.

Well done on sticking to plan on a Saturday!:T and tomorrow should be OK too if you're having a roast with your friend just save a few syns in case you have gravy or non SW potatoes.

I didn't do too badly last night at the cocktail party. Before I went out I ate 2 tomatoes, an apple and a banana as that was about all the grab and go food I had left. That helped me resist all but 1 canap! which was a strip of steak and a single chip on a stick!:D

Dinner could have been worse. It was a lamb steak (I removed all visible fat)with some veg and a single potato so syns just in a bit of sauce. Dessert was a summer pudding so not the highest syn option. We're out again tonight and I've checked the online menu. My plan is to ask for new potatoes with steak and salad and pass on other courses.

I've done my meal plan for the rest of the week (almost syn free) so I'll be working hard on SW until I next eat out on Friday. I might have to risk going to a WI on Thursday evening. I'll worry about that nearer the time.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: veggie omelette with cornichons
    D: steak, salad, new potatoes
    Syns: squirt of syrup, wine syns and anything I can't avoid in the restaurant.:)
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Thanks Maman - as a reward I bought myself the dress I've been eyeing up for a while but wouldn't buy until I got my 3.5 stone sticker....it was half price (so a little mse).

I've promised myself that when I get to 4 stone I'm going skydiving - have wanted to do that since I was 18 but always over the weight limit (!) & 4.5 stone is going to be the tattoo....so I think SW has given me a little middle life crisis lol
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's an excellent idea planning no syn treats for getting to your mini goals. I'd agree with the new dress but not sure the others would be a treat for me. I think you're very brave or is that crazy???:D
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Maman - as a reward I bought myself the dress I've been eyeing up for a while but wouldn't buy until I got my 3.5 stone sticker....it was half price (so a little mse).

I've promised myself that when I get to 4 stone I'm going skydiving - have wanted to do that since I was 18 but always over the weight limit (!) & 4.5 stone is going to be the tattoo....so I think SW has given me a little middle life crisis lol

For a mid life crisis, I think it is extremely well planned and sensible (as long as the tattoo is not on your face!!)

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport