Mobility scooter insurance

I have just bought myself a mobility scooter (£1500) and was quoted £86 pa insurance by the vendor - I am looking for cheaper cover elsewhere - any suggestions/advice welcome
What level do I need ?
Thanks

Comments

• bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You might of done this already,but have you done a Google search also have you tried RSA the company who provides the car insurance for Motability.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 7 March 2017 at 10:16AM
    bigbulldog wrote: »
    You might of done this already,but have you done a Google search also have you tried RSA the company who provides the car insurance for Motability.

I have done a Google search and have come up with many companies - offering insurance at around £41 pa - but am looking for some advice as to which is reputable
    I see that MSE does not include Disability scooters on its main site insurance section ....
    #
  • 50Twuncle
    Forumite

I have done a Google search and have come up with many companies - offering insurance at around £41 pa - but am looking for some advice as to which is reputable
    I see that MSE does not include Disability scooters on its main site insurance section ....
    I am struggling to find RSA insurance - I have found MOBILITY car insurance but not Scooters !!
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,787
    Forumite
    Are you sure it is not covered by your home insurance? You will have to pay extra for it to be covered outside of your home but it may not cost much more being an optional extra. It may be worth ringing your home contents insurer to see what they will charge? (if you have contents insurance, obviously).
  • 50Twuncle
    Forumite
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    Are you sure it is not covered by your home insurance? You will have to pay extra for it to be covered outside of your home but it may not cost much more being an optional extra. It may be worth ringing your home contents insurer to see what they will charge? (if you have contents insurance, obviously).
    Thanks - I am checking with Hastings Direct - but their system is currently up the creek
    LIVE CHAT down and my email address is not recognised on-line - despite having used it to purchase a policy less than 2 months ago !
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632
    Forumite
    edited 7 March 2017 at 4:05PM
    Motability has RSA on there Motability scooters,so I would of thought you should be able to purchase directly from RSA for your scooter.
  • 50Twuncle
    Forumite
    Motability has RSA on there Motability scooters,so I would of thought you should be able to purchase directly from RSA for your scooter.
    I agree but can't see it on-line
  • B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    Have you tried a broker?
  • 50Twuncle
    Forumite
    B_G_B wrote: »
    Have you tried a broker?
    No- haven't had a chance yet - only got it yesterday...
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My chairs are covered under the home insurance policy for an extra £30 a year, our home insurance is with M&S
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure