Prudax washing powder 90 washes for £6!!!

bettyboo333
bettyboo333 Posts: 857 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 12 June 2013 at 10:32AM in Gone off!
Have been using this a while and thought I'd share with everyone here what a good deal it is. Available only at Morrisons, you get a large 90 wash box for £6. I was very sceptical at first but I'm totally converted now. We are a family of 4 and It's great on the kids dirty stained clothes!!!! at 6 pence a wash can't really go wrong!!!!

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: Morrisons has confirmed this detergent is available in most stores nationwide and is always priced at £6. Thanks to bettyboo333 for posting.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• I've got this too, it's very good. Will get it again.
  • Have been using this a while and thought I'd share with everyone here what a good deal it is. Available only at Morrisons, you get a large 90 wash box for £6. I was very sceptical at first but I'm totally converted now. We are a family of 4 and It's great on the kids dirty stained clothes!!!! at 6 pence a wash can't really go wrong!!!!

Bought this as reminded of the great deals available in Central Europe. I ran it through a number of washes with different garments. Verdict here is; good on whites but dark items fading unevenly.
  • The Costco washing powder is very effective & works out cheaper at 400 washes for £15.99.
    Non Costco members can buy it online although they have to pay an extra 5% it still works out at around 4pence per wash.
    http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_11,cos_11.14,cos_11.14.6/119903
  • GoggleBox wrote: »
    Bought this as reminded of the great deals available in Central Europe. I ran it through a number of washes with different garments. Verdict here is; good on whites but dark items fading unevenly.

I have re checked my dark washes today and they seem fine no fading??? but I tend to only run a money saving quick wash at 30 degrees....this is maybe why I've had no problems????
  • jemb
    jemb Posts: 910 Forumite
    Agree with Bettyboo. Been using since Nov and wash on 30 or 40 and no fading
    Married the lovely Mr P 28th April 2012. Little P born 29th Jan 2014
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The Costco washing powder is very effective & works out cheaper at 400 washes for £15.99.
    Non Costco members can buy it online although they have to pay an extra 5% it still works out at around 4pence per wash.
    http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_11,cos_11.14,cos_11.14.6/119903

I have just bought some after seeing your message. Ordered it on a monday, arrived by UPS on the wednesday, very fast service. I opened the box, it has a lovely lemon smel, MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm I am also surpriced on how concentrated the powder is. U only use a small scoop. One of the best buys I have ever seen on powder. I wish I could return the Formil power back. at 100 washes for £9.50 that dont sound attractive no more. many thanks for the tip, I will be ordering from costco from now on
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Is there a liquid version Prudex?
  • LadyDee wrote: »
    Is there a liquid version Prudex?

No don't think so just the powder version in my Morrisons but it is a small shop so who knows????
  • csi
    csi Posts: 64 Forumite
    The Costco washing powder is very effective & works out cheaper at 400 washes for £15.99.

not so great when you have to buy a minimum of two boxes tho at £15.99 a box, when your living on a budget of £9 per head, per week, for a family of 6, for everything inc utilities

edit to add: glad i found this tho as i have just switched to using Prudax and was wondering about buying cheap meaning i was going to be buying twice
  • clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I've been using Prudax for ages and use it on a 30 wash and have noticed no difference to my clothes, I was using Persil beforehand as I got it on offer. I have a muddy 10 year old too.

I looked for reviews when my hubbie came home with a box and couldn't find any, so glad to see others here rate it too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure