Old radiators scrap value

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I am about to have the boiler and nine radiators replaced in my house. I was thinking this morning what the scrap value could be worth. I am assuming my discontinued Worcester Bosche Highflow 400 boiler will be stripped for any parts that could be used second hand. However I have old fashioned radiators (1960’70’s ish) that to my untrained eye are probably made of iron. Would anyone know what nine radiators might be worth to a scrap metal dealer (assuming my iron assumption is correct)?

Many thanks

Comments

• Poosmate
    Poosmate Posts: 3,126 Forumite
    Have you had a look on Ebay to see if they are selling and if so what price they are fetching?

Otherwise check out this site for metal prices:

http://www.letsrecycle.com/prices/metals

Poo
    One of Mike's Mob, Street Found Money £1.66, Non Sealed Pot (5p,2p,1p)£6.82? (£0 banked), Online Opinions 5/50pts, Piggy points 15, Ipsos 3930pts (£25+), Valued Opinions £12.85, MutualPoints 1786, Slicethepie £0.12, Toluna 7870pts, DFD Computer says NO!
  • davehills
    davehills Posts: 404 Forumite
    Without seeing a pic if they are 60's/70's flat panels they are probably steel.

Remember that any discarded copper pipe/hot water cylinder is worth money!
  • Ben84
    Ben84 Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If they're not broken someone may buy them to use them. Generally, melting something down to make something new is the less environmentally sound option and it can be a poor economic choice too. You'll need to consider the scrap value against their condition and possible prices as radiators though.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If they are the old fin type, get them on ebay or a reclamation yard, worth a fortune.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • steel is currently £150 ish per ton so you may get £30-£40 for them but dont forget that copper pipe/cylinders are currently over £2000 per ton so have quite a bit of value in them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure