Cath Kidston charity keyrings for Shelter 29p

jap200
jap200 Posts: 2,033
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
Forumite
edited 13 November 2012 at 5:17PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
I was very surprised and rather pleased to see these rather nice Cath Kidston keyrings on the counter of my local Shelter charity shop. I was even more surprised to see them marked at 29p!

sidekeyring.jpg

The lady behind the counter told me that they used to be £3 each. I bought a couple, but 29p just seemed too cheap to me (even as a long-standing MSE-er) so I dontated a little more.

The keyrings are enameled with the colourful house picture on one side and engraved with the Cath Kidston logo and the words "for whathouse.co.uk Shelter" on the other side

Just lovely - so worth a little look in your local Shelter shop - and have a look at what else they have while you are there too - I got a shirt, jumper and book - all look as good as new!

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: We've been in touch with Shelter to see whether these keyrings are available in all Shelter charity shops, but haven't had confirmation just yet. We'll update you when we do.

It's also worth remembering that Shelter is a charity and while we all love a bargain, if you can give a bit more, like the OP, donations are always gratefully accepted. Thanks to jap200 for sharing this offer.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• theyre lovely- great find and great to support a charity, i am just sad that we do not have shelter shops in the south west x
    NOV Tesco CC .£3450...0% til JAN2021.
    HBCARD: £1193 holiday
  • At 29p you may be helping the charity recover some of its losses on this keyring, but they certainly wont be making any profit.
    DONT BREED OR BUY WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE. GET YOUR ANIMALS NEUTERED TO SAVE LIVES.
  • jap200
    Forumite
    moggymutt wrote: »
    At 29p you may be helping the charity recover some of its losses on this keyring, but they certainly wont be making any profit.

Yes I felt the same way which is why I chose to donate more than 29p per item. However, that is the price they have chosen to sell them for.
  • Hello,
    Just wanted to confirm that the Cath Kidston Shelter Keyrings
    were available about five years ago, which was when I got mine.
    You made a donation to Shelter and they sent you the keyring.
    I remember reading the ad for them in Period Living magazine.
    If you can manage to get a hold of one, I can confirm they of excellent quality and the colours stay very bright. Five years on mine still looks as good as new. Good luck in your search!:)
  • purple.sarah
    purple.sarah Posts: 2,517
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 13 November 2012 at 2:05PM
    moggymutt wrote: »
    At 29p you may be helping the charity recover some of its losses on this keyring, but they certainly wont be making any profit.

People probably won't go to the shop just to buy a key ring though, they will often buy other items too or donate as the OP did. This is the price the charity are choosing to sell the keyrings for so they must have calculated it works for them.
  • jap200
    Forumite
    OOOOO looks like my post has made the weekly email!
  • jap200 wrote: »
    OOOOO looks like my post has made the weekly email!

Yey! Should give the charity shops a boost if people go in and end up buying other items too. Wish we had a shelter one near here, these keyrings look fab
  • My husband and I made a donation to Shelter as a 'favour' for guests at our wedding 3 years ago and gave these keyrings out to the ladies - i think they are gorgeous. I see my friends and family using them, and they tell me it's a fab reminder of the day.....it's nice to think they're also reminded about the good work Shelter do at the same time.....
  • blue55
    blue55 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Great as a very cheap stocking filler
  • jap200
    Forumite
    Quick update. Popped into a different Shelter shop today - in Ashford, Kent near the top of the high street. There was a whole box of these keyrings on the counter at 29p each (must have been over 100 in there), so they are still around!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure