How many leaflets can you deliver in an hour?

Hi all

I have done a search to see if anyone can offer advice about delivering leaflets but could not find anything, so hope someone can assist?

If you take a regular suburb, how many houses can you get around in an hour delivering leaflets?

Any advice is appreciated, I have an offer but it looks like it could work out less than minimum wage.

Thank you in advance.
MM :D

Comments

• minerva_windsong
    minerva_windsong Posts: 3,808 Forumite
    edited 4 November 2009 at 11:48AM
    Having spent large portions of my student life doing this every weekend, I would say that 60 leaflets an hour was about my average rate.

That said though there are several factors to take into account - house layout (going up and down driveways will eat into your time, what kind of leaflets they are (something like a one page flyer is a lot easier than something bulky like a free newspaper for instance, and then you have to get them past draft excluders and suchlike), how fast you walk etc.

*has clearly spent too long dealing with this*
    "A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister
    Married my best friend 1st November 2014
    Loose = the opposite of tight (eg "These trousers feel a little loose")
    Lose = the opposite of find/gain (eg "I'm going to lose weight this year")
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    I did it recently for 2 companies, once paid £25 per 1000 leaflets, the other paid £143 for 25 hours work to be done in a week. The first job was excruciatingly difficult, I had 3000 leaflets to deliver and it was suggested I completed it in a day to get it over with but there was no way I could have done it in a day, even if I had the time.

The second job was much better, I made sure I spent 25 hours delivering and the company then arranged to collect the boxes of leaflets I had left. This job worked out at minimum wage, the previous job worked out much less than that.

I would do the 25 hour week one again, but sadly they have not yet paid me!
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Thank you for your reponses so far, my friend and I are going to do a few time and motions (and no doubt loose cash for under charging).

Appreciate your input :D

Kind regards
    MM
  • gilligansyle
    gilligansyle Posts: 4,124 Forumite
    It does depend on the area. I get paid £25 per 1000 and deliver to the same estate each week, 3,500 leaflets. but most of it is flats and terraced houses so no front gardens, gates to open and close etc. and the leaflets are only A5 sized so easy to fold, so I can do 2 - 300 per hour. In a suburb of semis with gardens I would imagine it to take a minute to do each one.

Free newspapers etc are harder to do as bulkier and there is also the problem of how many you can carry at once (unless you want one of those trolley things?) and the logistics of parking your car with the stuff you can't carry.
    Debts at LBM - Mortgages £128497 - non mortgage £27497 Debt now £[STRIKE]114150[/STRIKE][STRIKE]109032[/STRIKE] 64300 (mortgage) Credit cards left 0

"The days pass so fast, let's try to make each one better than the last"
  • It does depend on the area. I get paid £25 per 1000 and deliver to the same estate each week, 3,500 leaflets. but most of it is flats and terraced houses so no front gardens, gates to open and close etc. and the leaflets are only A5 sized so easy to fold, so I can do 2 - 300 per hour. In a suburb of semis with gardens I would imagine it to take a minute to do each one.

Free newspapers etc are harder to do as bulkier and there is also the problem of how many you can carry at once (unless you want one of those trolley things?) and the logistics of parking your car with the stuff you can't carry.

Thank you, it is factoring everything in to make it worth while! All good fun. Thanks for your input.

• merlotsmum wrote: »
    Thank you, it is factoring everything in to make it worth while! All good fun. Thanks for your input.

Good Morning,
    Teenage son delivers free newspaper & leaflets & can do approx 100 houses,(semis / terraced & all with gates & driveways) in about 35 minutes.Pay for this is rubbish something like 2 1/2 p:eek::eek: per house & approx 1p for about 3 leaflets. :eek::eek::eek:He can't wait to get a Sat job & give this up, he also has about 100 flats to do & they can be done quicker if front door to block is opened other than that if he can't get in no paper is delivered :mad::mad::mad:

HTH
  • meandmaboy wrote: »
    Good Morning,
    Teenage son delivers free newspaper & leaflets & can do approx 100 houses,(semis / terraced & all with gates & driveways) in about 35 minutes.Pay for this is rubbish something like 2 1/2 p:eek::eek: per house & approx 1p for about 3 leaflets. :eek::eek::eek:He can't wait to get a Sat job & give this up, he also has about 100 flats to do & they can be done quicker if front door to block is opened other than that if he can't get in no paper is delivered :mad::mad::mad:

HTH

It seems so easy for people to be exploited delivering leaflets, then I guess this is why some folks drop leaflets in the bin and pocket the cash, not that I am willing to do this.

Hope he gets sorted with his Sat job.

MM
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 November 2009 at 3:36PM
    Mostly, people who do leaflet delivery tend to already be delivering the weekly free papers and just add their private work leaflets into their pile.

That is how it's done so cheap: they're delivering so many at a time. Usually being paid to do the papers and then making about £5/1000 A5 leaflets on top.

I have some resources around somewhere with prices, I'll see if I can find them easily.

Edit1: Just found an individual advertising the service at £50/1000 in Cornwall.
    Edit2: I have a formal company offering leafleting work paying leafleters 6 hours on a specific Saturday, 6 hours' work for £60.
  • Mostly, people who do leaflet delivery tend to already be delivering the weekly free papers and just add their private work leaflets into their pile.

That is how it's done so cheap: they're delivering so many at a time. Usually being paid to do the papers and then making about £5/1000 A5 leaflets on top.

I have some resources around somewhere with prices, I'll see if I can find them easily.

Edit1: Just found an individual advertising the service at £50/1000 in Cornwall.
    Edit2: I have a formal company offering leafleting work paying leafleters 6 hours on a specific Saturday, 6 hours' work for £60.

Excellent news on your edit 2 and thank you for the information, much appreciated.

Best wishes
    MM
  • If walking quickly about 120 per hour but it's tiring!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure