British Gas Click Energy - BEWARE

Options

Comments

• Stormy
    Stormy Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mhendo wrote:
    Well, thats exactly what SimplySwitch & EnergyHelpline are...energy comparison sites.

However the one you link to, UKpower, shows the original ClickEnergy prices for me, not the new ones SimplySwitch & EnergyHelpline are currently quoting.

Really odd, is UKpower just not updated yet. As the prices are quoted for March, as are the house.co.uk ones. I guess prices changed on June 1st although they have not bothered to inform customers by the looks of things.

:(

Oh, and I still cant access my account on https://www.clickenergy.co.uk. Once Equipower/Ebico raise their prices and I can see what the new Electricity charges are, and as long as they are half decent I will be ditching BG again I think (and I have only been with them since the end of April).
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think there is some misunderstanding about these tariffs. They are different depending on where you live . I am in the process of switching. I'm in the Swalec area and the prices they quoted me are as on their website.

Electricity 12.217 for the frist 225kwh andf then 7.413
    Gas 3.325 for the first 1143 and then 2.553

Are you saying that these rates have increased?
  • mhendo
    mhendo Posts: 525 Forumite
    Options
    Well I was with them in February (as a result of Zest4 going bust), and they put me on a rubbish tarrif, and wouldn't budge. So moved immediately to Atlantic (although it took effect in March). Now I find myself moving back to BG because Atlantic upped their prices. I think ClickEnergy will still work out cheapest for me, because their off-peak rate (Economy7) is so much lower than competitors.
  • Stormy
    Options
    hansi wrote:
    Electricity 12.217 for the frist 225kwh andf then 7.413
    Gas 3.325 for the first 1143 and then 2.553

Are you saying that these rates have increased?

All Prices for Electricity are different depending on the region, its not unique to BG.

It looks that the prices have been increased though.

When I joined Click Energy in April I was quoted these prices for Yorkshire region:

9.513p for first 225kWh and 6.701p (inc) thereafter..

Yorkshire on Click Energy is now according to Energy Helpline:

11.419p for the first 225 kWh per quarter, and 8.176p thereafter

Someone at the beginning of the thread said CS had told them the price have been increased for Click Energy. :(

What I dont get is why Energy Helpline lists "British Gas Online" being cheaper than "Click Energy". When Click Energy is supposed to be BGs cheapest Electricity....
  • Jays
    Jays Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    espresso wrote:
    Not quite sure what you mean by drop down box but if I enter my post code and usage details Atlantic comes near to the top of the list!

Atlantic is now part of Scottish and Southern Energy Group but it is still listed as Atlantic on ukpower. This site has a very useful price updates page.

;)

I put my post code in, go to Step 2, tick in Basic information, get to Gas usage, click on 'Present Gas Supplier' drop down arrow, and hey presto NO ATLANTIC (which is what I'm on at present, and trying to find something better). :mad:

Still not getting anywhere, but thanks for your reply, I've emailed them, hopefully I'll get an answer.
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    Options
    Jays wrote:
    I put my post code in, go to Step 2, tick in Basic information, get to Gas usage, click on 'Present Gas Supplier' drop down arrow, and hey presto NO ATLANTIC (which is what I'm on at present, and trying to find something better). :mad:

Still not getting anywhere, but thanks for your reply, I've emailed them, hopefully I'll get an answer.

:think:

Are you absolutely sure :question:

Atlantic IS at the top of the list!

Tip - Try scrolling up!

:rolleyes:
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • espresso
    Options
    mhendo wrote:
    Well, thats exactly what SimplySwitch & EnergyHelpline are...energy comparison sites.

However the one you link to, UKpower, shows the original ClickEnergy prices for me, not the new ones SimplySwitch & EnergyHelpline are currently quoting.

see the update page, last update 3rd June regarding Click Energy electricity prices.

;)
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • Jays
    Jays Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    espresso wrote:
    :think:

Are you absolutely sure :question:

Atlantic IS at the top of the list!

Tip - Try scrolling up!

:rolleyes:

Nope, wont let me scroll up either.

This is where I'm at:
    shim.gifshim.gifPresent Gas Supplier? Select supplier British or Scottish Gas Countrywide Energy EBICo EDF Energy London Energy npower Powergen Scottish Hydro Electric Scottish Power Seeboard Energy Southern Electric Swalec SWEB Energy Utility Warehouse

I'm flummoxed now.
  • espresso
    Options
    Jays wrote:
    Nope, wont let me scroll up either.

This is where I'm at:
    shim.gifshim.gifPresent Gas Supplier? Select supplier British or Scottish Gas Countrywide Energy EBICo EDF Energy London Energy npower Powergen Scottish Hydro Electric Scottish Power Seeboard Energy Southern Electric Swalec SWEB Energy Utility Warehouse

I'm flummoxed now.

:idea:

Do you have javascript enabled on your browser? I have never had any problems on that site! My dropdown options are the same as yours, except for Atlantic Electric & Gas above British or Scottish Gas.

:cool:
  • Stormy
    Options
    :(

http://www.house.co.uk/house/PDFs/click_energy_acq.pdf

PS: My colleague who is also on Click today talked to BG and they assured him prices had not increased. BG are terrible!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure