Hold off for Big Switch 9?

Options
neo1607
neo1607 Posts: 143 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
I moved house last month and the current supplier was British Gas (signed up with them on the standard tariff to get £80 from TCB)

Yesterday morning I decided to switch to Outfox the Market as the Cheap Energy Club suggested I could save £230 over the standard tariff with BG.

Ive just seen today on the weekly e-mail that the Big Collective Switch 9 is about to start next week. Would i be worth cancelling my switch incase this collective switch is cheaper than Outfox the Market or should I just keep going with my switch?

Comments

• NittyGritty
    Options
    i wouldn't hold your breath, personally for me anyway, these so called cheap switches work out more expensive, and are no where near cheap as they make out

but I guess it depends on your area
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There has not been a collective in the past 12 months that has not been easily beaten by open market choices. The good old days are long gone I am afraid.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As above .
    I find an hour or so working at comparisons gives me a better deal .
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    neo1607 wrote: »
    I moved house last month and the current supplier was British Gas (signed up with them on the standard tariff to get £80 from TCB)

Yesterday morning I decided to switch to Outfox the Market as the Cheap Energy Club suggested I could save £230 over the standard tariff with BG.

Ive just seen today on the weekly e-mail that the Big Collective Switch 9 is about to start next week. Would i be worth cancelling my switch incase this collective switch is cheaper than Outfox the Market or should I just keep going with my switch?

You won't get any cashback from TCB unless you mean you registered first with the existing supplier to the property, and then switched to the BG very expensive tariff ... and then you'll still be lucky to get any cashback where TCB is concerned.

Your now made plans to save £230 a year, and thinking of cancelling that plan???

Yes cancel. Good luck!
  • neo1607
    Options
    Yeah I have noticed that with the last 2 that the newer smaller firms are still heating the "collective" deals
    footyguy wrote: »
    You won't get any cashback from TCB unless you mean you registered first with the existing supplier to the property, and then switched to the BG very expensive tariff ... and then you'll still be lucky to get any cashback where TCB is concerned.

Your now made plans to save £230 a year, and thinking of cancelling that plan???

Yes cancel. Good luck!

The cashback said for new and existing so shouldn't be any reason why I don't get it

Yeah OTM said £230 savings but if the collective switch saved me a bit more then it may have been worth going for.
  • PhilStation
    Options
    I doubt very much that the collective switch will produce a better saving than OFTM. They are so far below the other suppliers, any saving is likely to be minimal I would suggest. If I were you, I would stick with the existing switch.

If you do switch, let us know how you get on with OFTM though, I can leave my current supplier without exit fees from 10 Feb, and am very much looking at OFTM as an option.
  • neo1607
    Options
    I doubt very much that the collective switch will produce a better saving than OFTM. They are so far below the other suppliers, any saving is likely to be minimal I would suggest. If I were you, I would stick with the existing switch.

If you do switch, let us know how you get on with OFTM though, I can leave my current supplier without exit fees from 10 Feb, and am very much looking at OFTM as an option.

The switching process seems quick enough with them, I applied about 4pm yesterday, Got an email today from OFTM saying my transfer date is the 4th Feb

Also went on live chat yesterday with them to enquire about smart meters, they are planning to start rolling out installs Mid/End February which seems good :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure