Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Marc @ Pure Planet. Welcome to the forum. If you want potential customers to look seriously at your Company's offer you need to answer the concerns raised in this thread as well as thanking people for positive reviews.

Are there known technical issues with your APP and, if so, what is Pure Planet doing to address these problems?

Are staff trained in the use of Social media for those who choose to use this method of communication?
  • PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi @Hengus
    Thanks for the welcome, that's very kind.
    We will of course answer questions. I've only just received and enabled our MSE forum verified profile and I don't want to get carried away on day one!
    Our app is of being constantly updated, and like all app development there are occasional bugs to be squashed. Our customers are really good at letting us know when they spot one.
    Staff are trained in use of social media and I am more than happy to pass on anything which is raised here.
    Thanks again for the warm welcome
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Hello Marc

I am thinking of switching to PurePlanet - just a couple of questions:

1. Are there just two (winter & summer) DD changes or will the amount be changed more frequently?

2. Can I set a round amount?

(I prefer my payment to be the same round amount each month, but it would be OK for it to change once for winter and once for summer if absolutely necessary).

2. Can the account be managed (input meter readings, see latest bill) on the website or just via the app? If only via the app, have the issues mentioned by previous posters to this thread been ironed out yet?

Thank you.
  • PurePlanet
    Hi CarolynCH

Great to hear that you're thinking of switching to Pure Planet! :j
    In answer to your question about how many Direct Debits are there - there are just two, one for summer, one for winter. Alas no you won't be able to set a round amount.
    About your app/website question. Yes we're app only. That means members can access their account really quickly and at any time, and it also helps us keep our costs lower, which in turn means we can offer a lower price. We appreciate it might not be for everyone but we’ve seen apps take off in other sectors, such as banking.

Hope that helps?
    Marc
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • aphill24
    aphill24 Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi, I am thinking about changing to Pure Planet. The £10 per month for both gas & elec seem a big chunk to pay? Is this correct please?
  • PurePlanet
    Hi @aphill24 Thanks for your question. And lovely to hear that you're thinking about switching to us :grin:
    We charge a low monthly membership fee. This is the standing charge. It’s the daily rate calculated and collected in 12 equal monthly installments each year.
    (It covers your meter maintenance, our people costs, operating and systems costs, our low profit margin, and VAT.)
    Marc
    Verified Company
  • I have joined Pure Planet at the end of last month. Yes, (1) it is "app only", (2) the standing charge is high and (3) if something went wrong I worry about forum-only customer service.

BUT - for me (ancient poorly-insulated Victorian house with children in it all day), my gas and electricity usage are much higher than average which makes the overall cost much lower than any other option at the moment.

So far everything has gone very smoothly. The app does what it needs to do for me.

I consider the 100% green energy a bonus, but it was not a factor in my decision to switch.

Also - some kind MSE forumite used my referral code to sign up and I received the £25 Amazon voucher promptly by email.
  • Marc - a question for you - is it possible in the app to see my historic meter reading submissions along with the date?
  • PurePlanet
    Hi
    Glad to hear that you're enjoying the Pure Planet experience so far!
    Re historic meter reading submissions. Not yet, but this is on the list of things to do. This is great feedback, thank you.
    (Also - if you DM me in the Pure Planet community - my user name is @Marc - I should be able to arrange to get some historic energy usage for you, and your statements. If you want.)

Cheers
    Marc
    Verified Company
  • Pure Planet arranged my switch and started charging me from 29th December. I am very alarmed to find today that my previous provider is also still charging me for both gas and electricity, so Pure Planet appear to have failed to complete the switch properly. It is very alarming not being able to ring or send an email to raise an issue as serious as this, all they seem to let you do is post messages into the ether and there are lots of messages from other people saying that they can't get an answer!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback