PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    caronc wrote: »
    That all sounds really tasty :D- can't beat home grown veg, I've nearly finished last years runner beans :(
    I really, really miss home grown veg.:( Unfortunately I am simply not able to garden any more; and Mr LW dislikes gardening as much as I dislike cooking.:cool:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Any thoughts on using a butternut squash that has been sitting there in my kitchen for a while? Right now - it's a CBA moment - so it's gotta be quick/easy.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,078 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Chop it, seed it, smother in olive oil, garlic, oregano and paprika. Roast until soft, scoff LOL:) One of my favourite ways to have BNS, any leftovers make a fab dip blended with some yoghurt :D
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,182 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    And I've also gone back to Weetabix (well, Lidl version) - but that's something that needed milk/sugar, so I bought my first bag of sugar for about 20 years ...and now occasionally buy milk and have 2 Bixies. .

Weetabix look alike cake is good and easy to make, I had spell making that but it was too tasty & easy to nibble when CBA and wondering what to have to eat

Today was nil breakfast, just wasn't hungry, then blood test, then mooch and bought mature Cheddar on offer in W/rose, so that is the sarnies for a week or more sorted, had first go at it for lunch, with tom & cucumber

Dinner is the final quarter of my large Morrie steak pie, perhaps with oven chips or maybe instant mash, not sure yet, may open the tin of beans that has been beckoning me for a bit, got it out last week intending to open it, but never did, perhaps today is the day :T

May be Smartprice cornflakes with banana & honey later, depends on how I feel, at least it is easy, and no double dipping in the honey either
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I've just been drinking coffee and tea until just a few minutes ago. I heated up some shepherdless pie mix with cauliflower, brussel sprouts and spinach with a portion of pasta. While it was heating I munched on a bit of cucumber.
    Having the food with some hot sauce. It's oddly nice.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Evening oneskis :D

Terrible day at work today...why is it that your underpaid, dedicated grafter (me) takes the flak for the incompetent powers that be and co-worker (though that is stretching it, Flekking useless, lazy, incompetent waste of space is closer to the truth :mad:)? :(

No food consumed as yet, been too busy and stressed...not sure what i fancy? Wish someone would just put a good healthy meal in front of me, then wash up too ;)

Off to read what I've missed today :D
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • caronc wrote: »
    Chop it, seed it, smother in olive oil, garlic, oregano and paprika. Roast until soft, scoff LOL:) One of my favourite ways to have BNS, any leftovers make a fab dip blended with some yoghurt :D

Thanks. Will probably have a go at that tomorrow.

For tonight's dinner - which has nearly finished cooking - then it will be shakshuka with wholemeal bread. Think I'll scatter a bit of sumac, sesame seeds and parmesan cheese over the top of it.

I'm obviously majoring in foreign foods at the moment - Spanish, Japanese, French, cant recall nationality of Shakshuka...:rotfl:

EDIT; quick check says Middle East.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I had to leave my house - and so I went into a food shop (free parking, close by).... walked out with a bag of food I didn't go in there for and didn't expect to buy!

Got another bag of 8 baking potatoes, dated 17 March so they should be good until beyond Easter. Pack of 3 pasties. Pack of four big white baps, 30% off; pack of 10 scones 30% off; tin of peas, tin of potatoes, tin of spaghetti hoops; pack of bourbon biscuits... £5.11 spent.

Ate a pasty with a splash of brown sauce for tea....and 4 bourbons :)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm obviously majoring in foreign foods at the moment - Spanish, Japanese, French, cant recall nationality of Shakshuka...:rotfl:

EDIT; quick check says Middle East.
    I keep having to Google the names of all the foreign-sounding foods that get mentioned here - in the hope of finding something a bit different to try - and so often I end up disappointed because they are way too spicy for me to cope with. If it's got chilli or curry in it, it ain't for me. :(
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Willowx
    Willowx Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Currently debating between a jacket potato with beans and cheese and a bacon sandwich. Either will probably be followed by a pink grapefruit.

Got a long weekend from work going to London for the C2C concerts so that should be fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure