Berghoff Eurocast non-stick (????) pans

Options
I bought a Berghoff Eurocast non-stick frying pan at the Ideal Home Show in March, having seen their impressive demonstration. It wasn't exactly cheap (£55 for a 28cm pan), but I figured it was worth it for a decent non-stick pan.

I followed the pre-treatment instructions closely before first use - warming and rubbing the pan with vegetable oil then allowing it to cool before wiping the oil off. I also ensured that the pan was always used on a low heat. The first time I used it it was perfect -
food slid out of the pan effortlessly. However I found that the pan lost its non-stick properties after only 2-3 uses, requiring a repetition of the oil treatment to restore them. This cycle was repeated several times over the following weeks. If the pan is left unused for several weeks it loses ALL of its non-stick properties - even a simple fried egg cooked at low heat would stick to it. This contrasted sharply with the demonstration at the Show, where burned rice slid out of the pan easily.

When I contacted the supplier (LCC Show & TV Productions) to complain they basically said that it must be my fault - I was either using too high a level of heat or not cleaning the pan properly. Their email was more than a little patronising.

Has anyone else had experience of Berghoff Eurocast pans? Are they all as rubbish as mine seems to be?

Comments

• Chrishazle
    Options
    Replace it with le Creuset Toughened Non Stick (TNS). We've had our saucepan set a few years now, and have added a wok and square griddle pan, nothing sticks to any of them. Plus we never use anything except silicone utensils in them.
  • itm2
    itm2 Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I returned the pan to the supplier (LCC Promotions in Borehamwood), who said they would test it and record the test on video. When I returned the pan I enclosed a letter, specifically requesting that they repeat the cook/clean cycle a dozen times to demonstrate the problem. They've finally responded, with a video that simply shows someone frying an egg in the pan once, and removing it easily (basically like the demo that they do at the Ideal Home Show) - they have completely ignored that point I was trying to make - i.e. that the pan loses its stick after a few uses (not a single use).
    When I requested that they perform the test that I requested they said "We do not have the time nor the resourses to test it 12 times unfortunately." (sic)
    !!!***!!**!??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport