Post Office UK a National disgrace

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,106 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    I recently had to contact the post office CS, last weekend actually, as I were over charged at a local post office.

Did you take the matter up with the local post office first?
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    walkon wrote: »
    I said this is not acceptable and a disgrace, poor service. I then said, that not everybody wants to go online and do this, some can’t and other don’t know how to.

[FONT=&quot]0345 611 2970 [/FONT]

The second number gives you the address to write to for making a complaint which is perfectly acceptable if you don't have internet access.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    sheramber wrote: »
    I recently had to contact the post office CS, last weekend actually, as I were over charged at a local post office.

Far too easy and sensible.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
  • Wookey
    Wookey Posts: 812 Forumite
    So you want to complain about them and when informed about how they only do it online now you aren't happy about that, yet you come on here (an online forum) to complain about having to raise a complaint online?
    Norn Iron Club member No 353
  • walkon
    walkon Posts: 122 Forumite
    edited 7 September 2017 at 6:32PM
    sheramber wrote: »

No because I didn't realise until few day later after checking. Second you can not get any refund from the post office. You have to report it to PO customer services and they refund you, by sending you a book of stamps to the value you were over charged.

This is no reason for not having a PO CS phone number and is needed in this case. The PO CS also contacts the local post office about it.
    Say No to smart meters!
    Search for, stopsmartmeters . org
  • walkon
    edited 7 September 2017 at 6:31PM
    Wookey wrote: »
    So you want to complain about them and when informed about how they only do it online now you aren't happy about that, yet you come on here (an online forum) to complain about having to raise a complaint online?

How else are we to know, what the hell the PO are up to and make a point, to get them to change there ways.

So it's online and because MSE, is for consumer rights. I am hardly going to meet Martin in person, to warn others and get the useless PO to change it's ways.

It's not the same thanks.
    Say No to smart meters!
  • or, as a novelty, write them a letter!

FREEPOST
    POST OFFICE
    CUSTOMER CARE
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • walkon
    parkrunner wrote: »
    The second number gives you the address to write to for making a complaint which is perfectly acceptable if you don't have internet access.

I don't want to write in. Thats even more slower and harder than doing it on the phone. Most companies have a address to send complaints into anyway. I dont know many who dont.

This does not negate the fact, the PO has stopped their CS number.:)
    Say No to smart meters!
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    walkon wrote: »
    I don't want to write in. Thats even more slower and harder than doing it on the phone. Most companies have a address to send complaints into anyway. I dont know many who dont.

This does not negate the fact, the PO has stopped their CS number.:)

It doesn't matter what you want, what matters is that the option is available. Those with and without internet access are able to make a complaint.
  • walkon
    IAmWales wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what you want, what matters is that the option is available. Those with and without internet access are able to make a complaint.

With a letter or even email, they are less likely to respond.
    A phone call may take about 10 min. To get a response on letter or email, could take over a week.

So a phone number, is still a better option and more efficient.
    Say No to smart meters!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family