IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ, Addresses, parking eye and more advise needed please

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Do not wait for information. Ask for it and crack on anyway with the set aside application.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Nanchild
    Nanchild Posts: 29 Forumite
    what happens if i dont receive the documents before a hearing?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    If you mean the set aside hearing you still attend. Remember they are pursuing you as the keeper not because you were the driver

If there is another hearing following the set aside being successful then you will have a new set of correspondence
  • Nanchild
    Argh! my girlfriend has, despite better judgement, paid parkingeye the money! where do we stand now is this still possible or are we down the creek?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Nanchild wrote: »
    Argh! my girlfriend has, despite better judgement, paid parkingeye the money! where do we stand now is this still possible or are we down the creek?

You are stuffed. You are going to have to live with it.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite

Yes - all been a waste of your time (and ours!!)

Has she paid within 30 days of the date of the judgement?

If so get a receipt and ask the court and ask the court staff to get it removed from the register
  • Nanchild
    bloody hell. im sorry for wasting all of your time. unfortunately way passed the 30 day mark. i take it now that is has been paid we effectively admit we were wrong and thats that, even if they do agree to set aside mutually.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Just to pour salt on the wound if PE agreed to the set aside then a court would likely have passed it without too much trouble. That's assuming you were willing to pay.

Courts don't like to see unnecessary ccjs either.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 June 2017 at 4:28PM

Without a paddle, I think you have just wrecked your credit file for 6 years. Paying a CCJ does NOT remove it. You now have a PERMANENT 'satisfied' CCJ on your credit record, which was a bit silly, to say the least, when you knew what to do from here.

Ask PE if they will still not contest the set aside, maybe they will agree...you then pay £100 to the court (I think) and maybe PE will allow it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Nanchild
    Would a judge rule against it if parking eye agreed to set aside?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure