PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• cappo
    cappo Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Options
    Can a lender 'lie' about whether you had PPI or not?

Yes most definitely
  • cappo
    Options
    liesa030 wrote: »
    Hi All

On the 13th July 2012 I complained about being pushed into taking out PPI years ago on 5 separate loans as my bank told me that as I had a low credit rating I would have a better chance in getting the loans.

Only the other day my partner pointed out to me that I would have been charged interest on my PPI because it was added to the loan and one payment was taken out of my bank each month...is this correct? I definitely wouldnt have taken out the insurance if Id had known that as I would have gone somewhere else. My partner also pointed out I had sick pay/healthcare benefits when I took out the loans (I wasnt with him

at the time as some were over 10 years ago).

I only added on the above part of my complaint yesterday, as I didnt realise. Does this mean they will add another 8 weeks to the date to look into this aspect of my complaint?

Its probably a silly question, but does anyone know what the chances are of me getting my ppi money back?

Thank you

should'nt take any longer, sounds like you have a good chance your using the same reasons as i did and I've since recovered on 10 loans.
  • cappo
    Options
    Hi,

I've had a response from Tesco Credit Cards saying that although they agree I was missold PPI and they are happy to refund me, they don't have any statements for my account so they don't know how much to refund me. If I can provide statements they will provide a refund, but of course I don't have any statements.

The account was settled/closed in 2009, so it seems odd to me that they don't have any records of my account.

What should I do now? My boyfriend suggests writing to them with a

refund figure that I would be happy with, do you think this would work

or will they insist on having statements?

Thanks for any advice!

you could try but i think they'd probably want statements although after only 3 years they should still have the details, i find this odd, they are required to keep records for 6 years by law.
  • thecustomjunkie
    Options
    cappo wrote: »
    Yes most definitely

Thanks cappo. I reckon it's worth sending an SAR then to get copies of my statements, which should have PPI payments on. I'm 99.9% certain I had PPI as it was quite a big loan that I took out when I was naive to such things! It's with HSBC and I just don't trust them when they say they can't find a record of PPI on my account. I guess the burden of proof lies with me though...
  • thecustomjunkie
    Options
    you could try but i think they'd probably want statements although after only 3 years they should still have the details, i find this odd, they are required to keep records for 6 years by law.

That's what I thought, too. Probably going to have to send an SAR to them as well!
  • liesa030
    Options
    should'nt take any longer, sounds like you have a good chance your using the same reasons as i did and I've since recovered on 10 loans.

Thank you.

Were your loans with Lloyds TSB? From looking at here they look like they are being a bit tough!:(
  • splurj
    Options
    I took out finance on a car from Vauxhall between 2000 and 2005 and was informed by GMAC (the finance company) that I had in fact been mis-sold PPI and they gave me a reference number.

I wrote to Vauxhall and sent my PPI customer questionnaire and received a letter in reply saying that they could not find my vehicle details on their system, and also that 'Payment Protection sales were not regulated until January 2008. Therefore recent guideleines issued by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), can only be used to claim a mis-sell if the agreement was signed after 14th January 2005.'

I also let GMAC know about this response and am still waiting to hear from them, but what should I do next? I have reached a dead-end so soon and is my claim pointless chasing any further? I have no idea about FSA or OFT guidelines.

Thank you very much for any advice you can give me.
  • bigela
    bigela Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    bigela wrote: »
    Hi I wrote of to rbs bank about my credit card ppi we were unaware that we have been paying ppi on it until a letter came through the post of our yearly statement we have been paying it for over 20 years I think 2002 until present. I told them to cancel it as we have other insurance to cover reduncey And sickness the letter was sent od 22/06/2012 we got a reply a week later saying they have up to 8 weeks we haven't heard anything since then does any one know how many years we will get back it's still running they haven't stopped it yet
    well just a we update i recieved a reply yesterday rbs have made us an offer total 6,500 still waiting on capital one sent back acceptance latter total 7 weeks thankyou martin :):):):p:j:T:T:T
  • gibbymaster
    Options
    I have received three letters today from Santander, re Debenhams store cards and Credit cards. It states thay reject our claim on the basis that we had 30 days cooling off period.

Never did they ever mention this or infact enter into discussions about PPI they simply filled out the forms in store, and asked me to tick the boxes.

What Can I do about this?:(
  • trolop
    Options
    Hi all,need a bit of advise really.I lodged a complaint with the HSBC over 3 loans that I suspect had PPI on.I have received a letter stating that as it was longer than 6 years ago they annot find my paperwork and can I supply bank statements or the agreement.They also say that they cannot find any evidence that I took out PPI,this has confused me as they have stated they cannot find the paperwork.All 3 where consecutive loans and I was moved onto a managed loan as I lost my job sometime back in 2000?I clearly remember the person telling me that they would have to cancel my PPI when I moved onto the managed loan.
    Please does anyone have any Ideas what to do now?Thankyou in anticipation of any response.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback