Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Comments

• scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    kerry2285 wrote: »
    I had my appointment with the CAB last tuesday. I took in every recent bill I had but the night before I checked everything online again. I am being charged £10 a day by Lloyds TSB (I cancelled the DD but as the loan is with Lloyds they override this and take money anyways making me overdrawn!!)
    I told the advisor it was about £170 ish over drawn but they put it through as £250 just incase, so I assume this is something they are able to do.

Could you find out the balances a couple of days before and post them first class to the person who is dealing with your DRO? or even an e-mail as this would be really quick. Worth a shot.
    i keep checking my on-line bank too..the only payment iv missed is for a loan that should have come out on friday (the others arn't due till next week ) what i cant understand is they have reduced my loan by the £50 i should have paid but i cant see where they have added it on, or taken it from, which is weird
  • kerry2285
    kerry2285 Posts: 24 Forumite
    scarlet55 wrote: »
    i keep checking my on-line bank too..the only payment iv missed is for a loan that should have come out on friday (the others arn't due till next week ) what i cant understand is they have reduced my loan by the £50 i should have paid but i cant see where they have added it on, or taken it from, which is weird

Make sure you ask for the full amount you owe, lloyds told me £4100, but on the letter I got this weekend it said as an early settlement they would deduct £560 so really my loan is £4660. Im not too impressed as this £560 is now not on the DRO....I think, I dont know the full in's and out's of how they process it all.

I hate Lloyds £10 a day in charges plus the £5 a month charge. They can charge £10 a day for 8 days a month. Stupid charges! Sorry rant over! lol
  • kerry2285
    :TThanks. Stupidly I never thought about e-mailing them! Knowing that you can add a little (just in case!) is a comfort, so I may just round them up a little if I know it's a creditor who's likely to add an exhobertant ammount of interest or £12.00 per letter (robbing swines) I've a long way to go, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now!

Yes I just thought about it!! lol modern technology is a great invention :p im sure they will have an e-mail address that you could send this too, especially if it's a few weeks between originally giving the info to when they 'push the button', it makes much more sense.
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    i hate them too...last year i went overdrawn by 70p and hadnt noticed untill i got a letter saying they were charging me 15-00 plus 6-00 a day...i think in total it was 45-00...i wrote them a very strong letter saying i had been with them for years and it had never happened b4...they did eventually back down but they spoke to me like a child, telling me i had to be more carefull and did i want to see some-one about managing my money....all for 70p...bas....ds lol xx
  • scarlet55 wrote: »
    i hate them too...last year i went overdrawn by 70p and hadnt noticed untill i got a letter saying they were charging me 15-00 plus 6-00 a day...i think in total it was 45-00...i wrote them a very strong letter saying i had been with them for years and it had never happened b4...they did eventually back down but they spoke to me like a child, telling me i had to be more carefull and did i want to see some-one about managing my money....all for 70p...bas....ds lol xx

:think: Hmmmm,I hate llyods too. Perhaps we should start a new thread They're one of my major creditors. You're absolutely right the ammount of interest they charge is unlike any other bank I have come across. I've a bank account with the Halifax which I stupidly opened after getting into difficulties with the TSB. I didn't realise they were part of the same sister company. What's more incredible is the fact I was allowed an account with an overdraft facility when surely they could see my situation with the TSB! I'm about to close it anyway as I've taken scarlets advice & opened a co-op cashminder. That'll stop them dipping into my account as & when they choose :shhh: :grin: xx
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    glad you have opened that bank account...i had a debenhams store card which i then found out was santander, and then i found out they were also a part of lloyds....:eek::eek: theres just no getting away from them :mad::mad:
  • scarlet55 wrote: »
    glad you have opened that bank account...i had a debenhams store card which i then found out was santander, and then i found out they were also a part of lloyds....:eek::eek: theres just no getting away from them :mad::mad:

You don't happen to know if the Natwest is one of the same group do you? If so I better close that too!
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • kerry2285
    You don't happen to know if the Natwest is one of the same group do you? If so I better close that too!

If I remember rightly Natwest are apart of Royal Bank of Scotland who are also connected with Halifax.....

I think the main 'independant' banks are HSBC and Barclays. Then you have the smaller ones like co-op and the post office.

Unfortunatly alot of the banks have links with each other now! Not great for people in our position :(
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    not sure but i would close all your accounts and transfer everything to co-op cashminder, is the account up and running yet...dont forget to phone dwp to get ur money paid into it :)
  • kerry2285 wrote: »
    If I remember rightly Natwest are apart of Royal Bank of Scotland who are also connected with Halifax.....

I think the main 'independant' banks are HSBC and Barclays. Then you have the smaller ones like co-op and the post office.

Unfortunatly alot of the banks have links with each other now! Not great for people in our position :(

Bloody Hell!!!!! They're taking over the world, is there any escape :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'll close that one too then, just to be on the safe side......I had a feeling they were one of the same! Can't go to Barclays I owe them money too!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback