PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 March 2017 at 11:36AM
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Bread flour I think would give you a "hockey puck" LOL :)

Yeah, but it's Saturday night .... and experimenting for 5 minutes might be the best bit of fun any single's had this year!

:)

Think of the excitement of the "reveal" !!

If I won big on the lottery (not that I ever do it) .... I KNOW I'd NEVER, EVER, cook for the rest of my life.

I'd hire in, buy in, get deliveries ... or go without.

But I'd never shop/prepare/cook/wash up a single thing ever again.

Fact.

• Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    If I won big on the lottery (not that I ever do it) .... I KNOW I'd NEVER, EVER, cook for the rest of my life.

Fact.

I agree, apart from bacon sandwiches. No-one can ever get them just the way I like them.
    Save
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Fact.

Nope I'd cook but have someone to prep under my instructions and clear up ;)
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Call my paranoid but the neighbours from hell haven't made a noise since the neighbours below them arrived back late this afternoon. They are two couples and their elderly mum.

On the CFO front..my Pizza is cooked and ready to scoff :D
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    I had a plum. Those "ripen at home" ones.... still a bit tough going - I ended up eating it over the sink, slurping and dribbling... then I dropped the stone in the washing up bowl (rather than tossing it into the bin to go off) and washed my hands as they were sticky from plum juice.

They're not an elegant and lady-like scoff are they!
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    Well, tea was pan fried (in oil!) sea bass, with a Waitrose prepared tenderstem and butternut layered veg microwave thingy. They're on the pricey side, but it's nice to have a wide range of veg without having to eat it every day for a week to use it up. All very nice, and I've got jelly setting in the fridge to have with some cream. Whether there's any left by tomorrow is still up in the air.

I did end up having both sea bass fillets though, partly because they went OOD yesterday, but largely because there wasn't really much meat on each one.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • jellie
    jellie Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a plum. Those "ripen at home" ones.... still a bit tough going - I ended up eating it over the sink, slurping and dribbling... then I dropped the stone in the washing up bowl (rather than tossing it into the bin to go off) and washed my hands as they were sticky from plum juice.

They're not an elegant and lady-like scoff are they!

I have plums quite a bit, hate having sticky fingers so had to find a way to eat them without making a mess. I have a bite of the flesh down to the stone and then I can usually get my teeth round the back of the stone and just bite it out and bung it straight in the bin. I'm then left with the rest of the flesh with no stone and no sticky fingers.
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    jellie wrote: »
    I have plums quite a bit, hate having sticky fingers so had to find a way to eat them without making a mess. I have a bite of the flesh down to the stone and then I can usually get my teeth round the back of the stone and just bite it out and bung it straight in the bin. I'm then left with the rest of the flesh with no stone and no sticky fingers.

I'm a bit of a wuss about seeing what I'm eating when it comes to soft fruits and anything a creepy crawly could've decided to live in. If I ate a lot I'd cut it in half with a knife and have a really good look before binning the stone :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    very full day yesterday, all day crafting in a group, away from home.

Warning bells ringing in my mind when I called in to sainsburys on the way home, wanted some milk but I also started looking at cakes, biscuits and sweets. I ignored almost all, could not believe me and just bought a pack of 4 crunchies and a pot of thick double cream. DC with my berries and scones for a few days, will give me the treats that I crave. I could have bought and eaten my way through all sorts of gunk, if I had bought them but stuck with the one crunchie after my meal.

Today just two small pieces of sd toast with peanut butter for breakfast, a one pot fish meal is planned for lunch. I have a good rice cooker and will put in basmati, herbs, water, frozen fish and various veg and set it on the timer, I don`t have to think about it then and all the veg goodness stays in the pot. For me is a good CBA meal. Sometime today will also have my berries and a cream jam scone as my treat, probably mid afternoon. Fiveish, probably some goats cheese and cracker and small slice of hm cake.

Going to make time for a cycle ride if it dries up and also have to put my tools away
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Breakfast: Final quarter of the pizza I cooked last night...regretting it already!
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family