Got my new job!!!!!

After a 2 months of searching for jobs I have been offered (and accepted) a job, well actually an Apprenticeship at Pizza Hut, (Level 3 Apprenticeship in Hospitality Supervision)

I start tomorrow at 2:30pm as an Apprentice Shift Manager

This is the step up I have been looking for to further my career in the industry, my experience at KFC in the past will no doubt help me in this position

I am looking forward to a long and successful career with Pizza Hut, my aim would be to be a RGM (Restaurant General Manager) or at least an Assistant RGM in 2 years time

Many of you know of my story an have followed my life over the last few years and have helped immensely with my progression and inspired me throughout

I will keep this thread updated with my progression

Comments

• Thanks shoulder is much better now thanks
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Well done. I hope this will be the kickstart to a much better period for you.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well done and good luck to you.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Great news topaz:T:D
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Wow how weird is that? I was just wondering yesterday how you were doing

That's fantastic news Topaz. I wish you all the luck and success in the world

Enjoy your first day xxx
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Are you going to college for the apprenticeship as well. That's a really good place to start a shift manager.
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• FredG
    FredG Posts: 213 Forumite
    Excellent news, I read a lot of your previous threads and was impressed with your fight and work ethic. Really hope this works out for you.
  • Sncjw wrote: »
    Are you going to college for the apprenticeship as well. That's a really good place to start a shift manager.

No college they are doing all the training in store or online, including the Apprenticeship

Basically I will do my coursework in my spare time and someone come into my store once a month to see how I am getting on with my coursework
  • Bogalot
    Bogalot Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Fantastic news topaztiger, really pleased for you. All the very best for your future xx
  • Ok I am back from my first day, mainly paperwork and watching how things are done

First proper shift tomorrow 11:30 - 19:00, they seem like a really nice bunch of people

Oddly although it is an apprenticeship I have been told I will be paid either £7.85 or £8.32 per hour (£314 - £332.80 per week), does anyone know if the training provider or the company will make deductions from wages for the apprenticeship
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure