Is there any point in reporting people with multiple comping accounts?

Hi as you all know it is so difficult to win from one account it annoys the hell out of me when I see people winning I suspect are 'fake' accounts. There is a couple from London who I suspect have 25+ twitter accounts between them. They tweet comps in the same order at the same time, have profile pics that I have google searched and come from other people's instagram accounts. When they win they post a thank you photo of the items (just of the prize not themselves) and they all must live together as they have the same flooring, curtains, table cloths etc lol I asked Super Lucky Di and she said there was no point reporting them as they would just set up other accounts. I just find it so frustrating!

Comments

• hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I agree with Di but promoters are getting wise to this as more and more are adding a second tier to their twiter comps such as RT and like or RT and click the blue button, bot accounts can't do that
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • ChamomileTao
    ChamomileTao Posts: 155 Forumite
    I wouldn't like to have the hassle of it all.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You are allowed more than one Twitter account so they won't do anything.
    If the T&C's only allow one entry per person then the promoter shouldn't pick them and if they do the ASA should deal with it if it can be proved the winner made multiple entries.
  • sammi86
    sammi86 Posts: 532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Its so annoying, theres a few fake/multiple accounts ive found on twitter. Ive reversed image searched their pics on google and theyre from some bloggers website. Funniest thing is one of them is pretending to be a pretty blonde white girl and the person posted a pic of some sunglesses she won and the decor of the house didnt match the pics shes posted & you can see the girls reflection in the lenses and its an asian girl ha. Not much can be done about it though and its so frustrating!
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    Facebook are better for clamping down on multiple accounts but Twitter don't give a hoot (or should I say 'tweet') unfortunately. I don't enter twitter comps for that reason as I only have one account!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • Thanks everyone - I think I need to stop stressing over it and actually enter some comps!
  • Debsawinner
    Debsawinner Posts: 270 Forumite
    I won, I won, I won!
    I agree it's very frustrating!!

I have much more luck entering Twitter comps that require a comment or a bit of effort such as uploading a photo. I was lucky enough to be one of the Eurostar Paris On Us winners and won on the Warburtons Giant Crumpet comp (I got a runner up prize both on twitter and FB with two unique entries). These comps are definitely worth the effort as the bots can't enter them and the people with multiple accounts just want a quick win without the effort!

Not sure I've ever one a simple retweet comp!?
    Debbie
  • BlueBella
    Thanks everyone - I think I need to stop stressing over it and actually enter some comps!

However, if you do happen to see a known multiple account holder/cheat announced as a winner, you could always message the company and give them proof that the winner cheated to win - ie links to their other Twitter accounts. Hopefully the company might decide to do a re-draw and the cheat will realise that people are on to them! :eek:
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • emiai
    emiai Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
    I spent so much time and energy on highlighting multiple account users on twitter, to have them all block and report me, resulting in my account being suspended.

They were all different looking, but RTed in exactly the same order and were very easy to see. At the peak one user had 120+ accounts all linked and connected, but they still won prizes and I totally just wasted my time.
    Wishing you all good luck!
    Oldstyle moneysaving addict
  • BlueBella
    edited 24 May 2016 at 9:26PM
    emiai wrote: »
    At the peak one user had 120+ accounts all linked and connected, but they still won prizes and I totally just wasted my time.

:eek: Desperate cheater! So sad! :( Hope they get their come-up-ance...and they will because I believe in kalma!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure