We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Walkers letter swap

It is only early days but I wondered if you would all like to start a SWAP LETTER THREAD for when we are all at the stage where we only need certain letters to complete the name :wave:
"And may the odds be ever in your favor."
:kisses2: :kisses: :j :beer: :rotfl::T

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,881
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 7 May 2016 at 2:55PM
    Except for two or three letters they are all easy to get and as you are allowed to win more than one prize it is very unlikely anyone would swap a rare one.

(K and C are rare, I think D is the other)
  • Kam456
    Kam456 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I need a K! Would anyone like to swap? I have quiet a few letters to swap....
  • mjm3346
    Forumite
    Kam456 wrote: »

No, K is a winning letter (along with C and D) so no one is likely to "swap" although some might choose to sell.
  • Debsawinner
    Debsawinner Posts: 270
    I won, I won, I won!
    Forumite
    Kam456 wrote: »

OMG at first glance I thought you were offering a 'K'!!! Visions of Bangkok flashed in front of my eyes!!! lol :rotfl:
    Debbie
  • Cathp808
    Cathp808 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    From what people are saying on twitter and Facebook it makes you wonder if K,C,D have even been released into circulation yet. I started this thread because I am looking for a S and a T if anyone have multiples they would like to swap.
  • I know D's have as a comping friend won with Amsterdam - she chose the £1500 voucher so she could take the kids somewhere else. Not seen anyone else win though :(
  • Cathp808
    Cathp808 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    I know D's have as a comping friend won with Amsterdam - she chose the £1500 voucher so she could take the kids somewhere else. Not seen anyone else win though :(

It is nice to know somebody has won one . There are lots of people on Facebook/twitter calling this a publicity con.

• mjm3346
    Forumite
    edited 9 May 2016 at 5:27PM
    Cathp808 wrote: »
    It is nice to know somebody has won one . There are lots of people on Facebook/twitter calling this a publicity con.

It's not so much a con as people not appreciating just how little chance there is of winning (as with many competitions).

A headline figure of at least 20,000 holidays available to be won is a very small number when you consider that Walkers produce 10 million packets a day* and the main part of the promotion runs about 16 weeks (10/04 to 31/07)

*Figure from 2010, could be more now

If it's anything like the Branston one from last year where just over 80 of the 1,000 top prizes were won the number of actual winners will depend on how many promotional packs are redeemed out of all the ones that are issued, if the walkers redemption rate is the same then only around 1,600 holidays will be won.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5367078
  • mjm3346
    Forumite
    Cathp808 wrote: »
    I started this thread because I am looking for a S and a T if anyone have multiples they would like to swap.

As only 5 swaps are allowed unless I already had a rare one and they were to complete a specific destination I wouldn't bother with a swap (all of the holidays can be exchanged for vouchers £4,000 for group A which need a K or £1500 for group B which need the C or D).
  • Arksun
    Arksun Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2016 at 6:21PM
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    It's not so much a con as people not appreciating just how little chance there is of winning (as with many competitions).

A headline figure of at least 20,000 holidays available to be won is a very small number when you consider that Walkers produce 10 million packets a day* and the main part of the promotion runs about 16 weeks (10/04 to 31/07)

*Figure from 2010, could be more now

If it's anything like the Branston one from last year where just over 80 of the 1,000 top prizes were won the number of actual winners will depend on how many promotional packs are redeemed out of all the ones that are issued, if the walkers redemption rate is the same then only around 1,600 holidays will be won.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5367078

Absolutely, it could well be that C,D or even K has been inadvertantly thrown out, possibly by me.

I know the first multipack I went through which had the competition packets, I just chucked them in the bin because I hadn't really paid attention to what it was.

But yeah the accusations of it all being a scam are a bit silly really when taking in the actual numbers.

What I'm curious about is this thing going on in Manchester where you can spell out a letter with your body, surely everyone going will be spelling out a K, are they just going to give out a K to anyone who turns up and makes a K shape with their body?!?

*edit* nevermind, read somewhere that at that manchester event, the letter actually handed out to people will be 'random' , so not worth bothering going to then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure