Great 'Sell Your Gold' Hunt

Comments

• JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    n13k_uk wrote: »
    Get a grip mate, cant people join this site and share there experiences with others without you HIGH COUNT POSTERS jumping on the band wagon and slagging off everyone who has low post counts.
    You may not realise though that this thread was quite heavily hit by spammers and mostly (though not all) for Hatton so there is a higher level of suspicion in this thread about new posters than there would ordinarily be. And your post is worded (unintentionally or otherwise, I'm not accusing) very similar to the kind of script they were using.
  • nexuss wrote: »
    Yet another 1st time or low count poster spamming Hatton.

I really don't know what problem you people have with neebies, i have only posted twice & am currently looking for a reputable dealer to sell my gold to. So if i find a good 1 does that mean i'm not allowed to share it with others on the site cause i'm spamming???
    Just because your new does not mean u should not share your experience & it does not mean u are trying to influence people for ur own or a particular company's gain.
    This whole 'newbie' thing u seem to have going on would actually put me off using this site.
    Maybe u should remember that u were once new to the site as well.
  • JDPower
    lauriann wrote: »
    I really don't know what problem you people have with neebies, i have only posted twice & am currently looking for a reputable dealer to sell my gold to. So if i find a good 1 does that mean i'm not allowed to share it with others on the site cause i'm spamming???
    Just because your new does not mean u should not share your experience & it does not mean u are trying to influence people for ur own or a particular company's gain.
    This whole 'newbie' thing u seem to have going on would actually put me off using this site.
    Maybe u should remember that u were once new to the site as well.
    The point some seem to be missing is it's NOT just about being new or having a low post count. When someone joins just to post a company recommendation, along with other clues which I'm not gonna post and help any potential spammers, it raises suspicion and when you've been round message boards a long time they can be relatively easy to spot.

Anyone who thinks its some kind of vendetta against newbies should realise its quite the opposite and vigilance in keeping threads spam free is to protect MSEers from being mislead by potentially questionable companies, especially newbies as some may be new to message boards in general and innocently trust all they read without even a thought as to whether it's genuine or not.

And in the end the final decision about what is spam and is deleted is made by the moderators so any genuine new/low poster should have absolutely nothing to worry about :)
  • JDPower
    nexuss wrote: »
    Yet another 1st time or low count poster spamming Hatton.
    Oh and a little tip nexuss, if you think a post is spam don't quote it in your message as if the post was to be deleted the spam would still be present for all to see in your quote ;)
  • dave_uk wrote: »
    Well my gold is 'lost' and it is one of dozens of gold packages that have been 'lost' in the Birmingham mailing offices this month according to a conversation with a worker there. All are special delivery packages too! I should have had the money in my bank the same day but now have to wait weeks to (hopefully) get my compensation. I sent in the P58 claim form last weekend but customer services are unable or unwilling to check to tell me if they have received it, (that too could be lost!) as they said they have a 2 week backlog of claims! Royal Mail Customer services at Plymouth (complaints) are cold and uncaring although they are polite and (ungenuinely) sympathetic.
    All this is very stressfull as this is my float and around £500 for the childrens hospice which I was hoping to give them last week. I am unable to raise further money till I get my float back. Please think twice before using Royal Mail for sending gold and if you do make sure you take out the right compensation, have proof of value and take a photo of the items just in case.
    I will keep you informed of Royal Mails progress on this matter.

Just an update from my previous post. As I said I sent £2500+ worth of gold to my buyer in Birmingham and it arrived in the Birmingham Mail centre but never left. It was in an official Special Delivery Grey plastic envelope.
    I was in touch with customer services the day after and was told not to worry if it didnt turn up, they would send a cheque within days of receiving my claim. This it seems is not the case. They have such a backlog they will not even be able to process the claim for at least another month. This means I have no float to work with and I am unable to raise money for the Childrens Hospice. I have spent hours on the phone at great cost and am amazed at the things I have learnt from staff. For a start 75 Special Delivery packages went missing last month in this area destined for a certain Postal Gold company.
    Also the new special delivery envelopes it seems are not fit for the purpose as the self adhesive barcode label can be easily removed in the system and put onto another envelope! With all the new temporary workers this is ludicrous and asking for trouble, do not send your gold in these envelopes! There are cases where another bag has been substituted and delivered and this is how it happens (How difficult it must be to claim in this situation too??). Why on earth is there no permanent unremoveable barcode on the plastic?? Who ever designed or passed these envelopes is an idiot!
    A friend of mine in the gold business lost 2 £2500 packages several weeks ago which were tracked and never left the post office in Preston and he is still waiting for compensation. How many more special delivery packages have been lost nationally? The Royal Mail will never officially admit these things happen as Special Delivery is their Flagship service.
  • JDPower
    dave_uk wrote: »
    Just an update from my previous post. As I said I sent £2500+ worth of gold to my buyer in Birmingham and it arrived in the Birmingham Mail centre but never left. It was in an official Special Delivery Grey plastic envelope.
    I was in touch with customer services the day after and was told not to worry if it didnt turn up, they would send a cheque within days of receiving my claim. This it seems is not the case. They have such a backlog they will not even be able to process the claim for at least another month. This means I have no float to work with and I am unable to raise money for the Childrens Hospice. I have spent hours on the phone at great cost and am amazed at the things I have learnt from staff. For a start 75 Special Delivery packages went missing last month in this area destined for a certain Postal Gold company.
    Also the new special delivery envelopes it seems are not fit for the purpose as the self adhesive barcode label can be easily removed in the system and put onto another envelope! With all the new temporary workers this is ludicrous and asking for trouble, do not send your gold in these envelopes! There are cases where another bag has been substituted and delivered and this is how it happens (How difficult it must be to claim in this situation too??). Why on earth is there no permanent unremoveable barcode on the plastic?? Who ever designed or passed these envelopes is an idiot!
    A friend of mine in the gold business lost 2 £2500 packages several weeks ago which were tracked and never left the post office in Preston and he is still waiting for compensation. How many more special delivery packages have been lost nationally? The Royal Mail will never officially admit these things happen as Special Delivery is their Flagship service.
    Sounds like a story for Watchdog ;)
  • Well, as promised, I sent off my gold to Hattons yesterday via special delivery (couldn't believe it had arrived there this morning with the post situation).

They sent me an email with the weight and price around lunchtime. Just checked my bank and the money has already been paid in by BACS!!! :j

Very happy with the service and receiving £7.55 per gram. Nice to have some money towards Christmas now.

Cindy x
  • I have been watching this thread for a few days trying to decide what to do with my gold, send to Hattons or similar or sell local to a jeweller?

I have used Special Delivery twice last month for other items (not gold) and both packages never arrived at there destination, which has caused me a great deal of problems, i am currently pursuing claim's and it's a right pain.

For this reason i just didn't dare to send any more high value items in the post so have sold to my local jeweller at a good price, and too be honest i'm glad that it's gone!:j
    ;)Thanks;)
  • Well I finally got my gold back from M4G today after 2 months!!!! This has been the biggest hassle I've ever had with a company. The guy from Trading Standards was great and he pestered them constantly until I got a tracking number. In my opinion they should be stopped form trading as I suspect some people don't get their gold back at all.

So, I'm gonna go to a recommended jewellers in town for a quote and then decide between them and HGM.
  • tigger69
    tigger69 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Hutch100uk wrote: »
    Can I ask you what is 'BBB' and how long did it take you to eventually get your gold back?

Currently I have Trading Standards dealing with it for me but still no luck. The promised TS they would post my gold on Friday but, shock horror, still not been returned. This is now nearly 2 months.

Really sorry I haven't answered quicker!
    In case you or anyone still need the info the BBB is United States & Canada Better Business Bureau. Money4Gold is based in America and is registered with the BBB, the BBB mediate complaints and have companies ranked according to hitting BBB's targets.
    If you send off your complaint to the BBB they will send off the complaint for M4G's response. My gold was returned in a matter of days after my complaint went to BBB.

If you do a search for "Have money4Gold stolen your gold" the site Moneywatch will be listed which will show some of the other complaints and how some of us have recieved our property back. The link for the BBB is amongst the comments.

Hate to say this but from our experience trading standards, haven't had much luck with M4G either, threatening legal action or the BBB have been the only mean's to success for us.
    If you need anything just shout!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport