Ex girlfriend's bank statements still coming through the letter box?

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi,

if you want to be nasty, you could wait until you get her new bank/credit card and hit it, she'll soon come running then.
    Why would you recommend fraud?
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi,
    colsten wrote: »
    Why would you recommend fraud?

sorry, I'm not recommending fraud, it was meant as a lesson to the ex, let her see how easy it would be if cards fell into the wrong hands.

She must trust ex or she would've had things sorted by now.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Lith wrote: »
    You obvious don't work at Royal Mail as all RTS have to be written in red for a successful send to the return address.
    ....which begs the question of why they don't consider it necessary to mention this in their online help:
    I've received someone else's mail

It's my address but someone else's name
    We deliver to addresses rather than names so our advice here would be to put a cross through the address and write on the item 'Not known at this address' or, 'No longer lives here' and post the item at your convenience - you won't need to apply any postage.Where applicable we will return the item to the sender hopefully allowing them to update their records.
  • Lith
    Lith Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    eskbanker wrote: »
    ....which begs the question of why they don't consider it necessary to mention this in their online help:

Good Point, but like i said you don't work for RM do ya? i know what i have to deal with every day in RTS letters.

They seriously need to edit that on the site.
    HSBC (Main A/C)
    Halifax Back up A/C
    Lloyds (Spending) A/C
    RBS Back up A/C
    Barclays Old A/C
    Nationwide Old A/C
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,883 Forumite
    Good Point, but like i said you don't work for RM do ya? i know what i have to deal with every day in RTS letters.
    So when you say "all RTS have to be written in red for a successful send to the return address", are you saying that those written in other colours are actually treated differently? This is conjuring up a priceless mental image of someone sifting through a pile of letters and splitting ones with red writing from those with other colours (and binning the latter?!) - I know that lumbering ex-nationalised monopolies aren't exactly renowned for efficient practices but that really would take the biscuit.... :)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    You obvious don't work at Royal Mail as all RTS have to be written in red for a successful send to the return address.

Then royal mail adds the red sticker to them and sends them to the *IMP* (Machine)

so what do you know? (OHHH THE IRONY)

Sorry,what utter rollocks.
    Typical MC staff.
  • scott_lithgows
    scott_lithgows Posts: 1,424 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Put "gone away" on it and post it back into a post box.
    If it,s a cashcard account and a replacement card comes thro the letterbox,simply burn this item instead of returning it.
    When the ex can't get at their cash they will soon get it sorted.
    I have a deep burning indifference
  • Lith
    Lith Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    eskbanker wrote: »
    So when you say "all RTS have to be written in red for a successful send to the return address", are you saying that those written in other colours are actually treated differently? This is conjuring up a priceless mental image of someone sifting through a pile of letters and splitting ones with red writing from those with other colours (and binning the latter?!) - I know that lumbering ex-nationalised monopolies aren't exactly renowned for efficient practices but that really would take the biscuit.... :)

Policy,

even the ones in diff colour are still labeled via red marker and red stickers.

Just the ones that are in red make life easy to process.

custardy wrote: »
    Sorry,what utter rollocks.
    Typical MC staff.

B0ll0cks eh? yea you keep saying that

Typical MC Member
    HSBC (Main A/C)
    Halifax Back up A/C
    Lloyds (Spending) A/C
    RBS Back up A/C
    Barclays Old A/C
    Nationwide Old A/C
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,679 Forumite
    ... all RTS have to be written in red for a successful send to the return address.
    ...even the ones in diff colour are still labeled via red marker and red stickers. Just the ones that are in red make life easy to process.

So, er, they don't have to be written in red for a successful RTS.

It just makes life easy for you if they are!

Glad that's cleared up and that RM's online advice is perfectly accurate.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Policy,

even the ones in diff colour are still labeled via red marker and red stickers.

Just the ones that are in red make life easy to process.

B0ll0cks eh? yea you keep saying that

Typical MC Member

So I take it RM no longer use blue crayons?
    I know the answer but feel free to educate me on how these blue crayons fit in your RTS process.
    I note you you wrote MC member,not worker. IME this is very true of many MC staff.
    All rules and why stuff cant be done instead of actually getting on with getting mail into peoples hands.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure