How do you cancel SkyTV without speaking to a human being...

...I really can't be bothered to ring up and go through Sky's Cancellation process, is there a way I can do this without speaking to anyone.

I've already cancelled my Direct Debit, but that doesn't constitute a cancellation. What would be a next step? I don't mind writing a letter to the correct place.

Thanks,
Student loan: Cleared.

Comments

• I found an address here:

Customer Complaints
    Sky Subscriber Services Ltd
    PO Box 43
    Livingston
    West Lothian
    EH54 7DD

http://help.sky.com/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

Wish me luck.
    Student loan: Cleared.
  • gibby9
    gibby9 Posts: 166 Forumite
    You can cancel on the chat service on My Sky between 8.30 and 20.00. It will take a while though.

Also you shouldn't cancel the direct debit yet as there will still be charges to pay for once cancelled. It may also increase your bill. Used to be £4 a month. Not sure about now.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    For obvious reasons, they want you to cancel by phone, so they can unleash retentions on you.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I successfully cancelled via Chat -got connected first thing in the morning but it took about 75 minutes of toing and froing - the big advantage over the phone is that you can do other things whilst you wait for the CSA to come up with yet another reason why the package you have is too good to cancel !!:rotfl:
  • Moneymaker
    Moneymaker Posts: 1,984 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I cancelled via letter sent "signature required". Include all details - Full name, Full address, account number, card number and ask them NOT to phone you because you are hard of hearing, emigrating or whatever. If you want to make absolutely certain, enclose your viewing card. If you don't want to enclose that, include a photocopy of your passport photo page as proof of ID. That way they have no excuse to phone you to try to change your mind.
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    brewerdave wrote: »
    I successfully cancelled via Chat -got connected first thing in the morning but it took about 75 minutes of toing and froing - the big advantage over the phone is that you can do other things whilst you wait for the CSA to come up with yet another reason why the package you have is too good to cancel !!:rotfl:

Ten minutes tops on the phone to a retentions agent versus 75 minutes on live chat ..............wouldn't handsfree be a better option and have the extra 65 minutes for yourself? :rotfl:
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    duchy wrote: »
    Ten minutes tops on the phone to a retentions agent versus 75 minutes on live chat ..............wouldn't handsfree be a better option and have the extra 65 minutes for yourself? :rotfl:

...not for me - left the study,did the washing up, loaded the washing machine, answered a few emails,browsed a few sites,made a coffee....all in the gaps in "conversation":) .....and I find talking to some of these CSAs (not just Sky) painful as they generally ignore what you are saying and talk over you with their own agenda...much easier to ignore on screen:rotfl:and reply with a one word answer ...no!
  • I managed to cancel in December 2014 in less than 5 minutes.
    Still had to speak to 2 operators but was consistant in my approach.
    CANCEL no negotiations unless you offer me at leat 50% off now.

My attitude certainly never put them off as retentions had me on a new 50% off and £50 credit and 30% off multiroom (Pretty close to as good as it got back then) within 3 days and long before switch off. That call lasted all of 10 minutes.
    15 minutes in a year is certainly worth it.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Why would you write to 'Complaints' to cancel? They'll just refer you back to the T&C's.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Moneymaker
    Moneymaker Posts: 1,984 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Simply replace "Customer Complaints" with "Cancellations".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure