Is talktalk super secure boost any good?

just had an email from talktalk offering me for FREE this super secure boost, which normally costs subscribers £2 a month.

has anyone got this and is it any good??
All the big powers they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right, and outing the liars.

Comments

• Hammyman
    Hammyman Posts: 9,913 Forumite
    Nothing from Talktalk is any good including their internet service. ICBATL so what does this "super secure boost" do? Its very name suggests to me that its a rip-off aimed at the clueless.
  • silkyuk9
    silkyuk9 Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    Hammyman wrote: »
    Nothing from Talktalk is any good including their internet service. ICBATL so what does this "super secure boost" do? Its very name suggests to me that its a rip-off aimed at the clueless.

i guess its a virus program
    All the big powers they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right, and outing the liars.
  • tronator
    tronator Posts: 2,857
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hammyman wrote: »

Looks like an antivirus proxy from F-Secure on their end.

http://broadband.talktalk.co.uk/products/broadband/online-security

Use it if you're able to opt-out at any time in case it affects your Internet speed. Also think about your privacy as everything you do goes through their servers...
  • Hammyman
    So you pay them £2 per month for something they should be providing for free if its server based at their end. And if its something needing installing on each computer, its no better than the free Microsoft Security Essentials.
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Hi Guys,

The Super Secure Boost is a security program offered by TalkTalk.

This used to be charged at £2 per months however this service is now offered for free.

TalkTalk customers can sign up for and remove this service as necessary via the My Account System.

Regards
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hammyman
    Your website is still showing it as £2 for certain packages. So is it £2 for those packages or free for all?
  • silkyuk9
    silkyuk9 Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    Hi Guys,

This used to be charged at £2 per months however this service is now offered for free.

TalkTalk customers can sign up for and remove this service as necessary via the My Account System.

Regards

what are the differences between this super secure boost and microsoft essentials??

what does the talktalk one have that the microsoft one does not.

im happy with the microsoft essentials so whay should i change??
  • F-Secure as Tron says is the provider, my understanding is that paid for or free if you already have a Virus Programme don't touch it with a bargepole. All ISP's / Banks / whatever provide these things and you had better believe they are not for your benefit but for the ISP's benefit to prevent your infected system firing missiles at their servers.

As yourself the fundamental question : why ? do they provide an uninstaller if it slows down your puter ?

If you don't already have an Anti Virus programme installed there are better free ones [ MSE ] than F-Secure.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • aliEnRIK
    aliEnRIK Posts: 17,741
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Guys,

Regards

Does F secure also supply the virus definitions? Does it do anything different to if I bought F secure by itself?
    :idea:
  • Hammyman
    aliEnRIK wrote: »
    Does F secure also supply the virus definitions? Does it do anything different to if I bought F secure by itself?

You've all gone and done it now. You've had to get technical. Somehow I doubt the rep from the "ISP With The Worst Technical Support in the World Ever, Vol 2" is likely to give any worthwhile response.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure