Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company

Options
Just a heads up for people thinking of using this company - don't.

From the very start it was unprofessional - the pickup guy started off by calling me randomly and asking if I had any papers, and where it was going, and was I the sender or the buyer (??).

When he arrived, he kept asking for papers, which weren't provided and left my brother with a tiny sticker with the name myhermes on it. Not sure what that was supposed to be about - so no confirmation papers, nothing.

After a couple of weeks, the buyer contacts me to say he hasnt received the item. I email and call the company all day - no response. The buyer has now put in a paypal claim and rightly so..

Steer clear, the hassle is not worth the tempting cheap prices on offer
We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic. ;)

Debt at LBM (Sep 07): £13,500. Current debt: [STRIKE]£680[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£480[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£560[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£13[/STRIKE] £0 overdraft :D
Current aims - to start building up savings
1st £1000 in 100 days - £1178.03 :D 2nd £1053.38/£1000 :D 3rd £863.59/£1000 :o
:j

Comments

• jp1978_2
    Options
    This is the first time i have ever had this level of BAD service from any courier service ( I send several hundred parcels a year ). I have now been waiting nearly a week for my parcel to be picked up and spent nearly two hours on the phone getting precisely nowhere. This was the first and only time that that I will us this service :mad::mad::mad:
  • gazza63
    Options
    Hi,

I have to say most people comment about bad service but rarely bother when its good. I gave myhermes a try due to their cheap shipping rates. I sold a product on ebay on Sunday afternoon, raised the shipping request online. The parcel was collected on Monday from my home and delivered by the Thursday prompting excellent feedback from the buyer. I will be using them again.:T:T
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    gazza63 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have to say most people comment about bad service but rarely bother when its good. I gave myhermes a try due to their cheap shipping rates. I sold a product on ebay on Sunday afternoon, raised the shipping request online. The parcel was collected on Monday from my home and delivered by the Thursday prompting excellent feedback from the buyer. I will be using them again.:T:T

New user? Praising a vent?

Cynical? moi? :rotfl:
  • GeologyRocks
    Options
    Speaking from the customer side here, agreed, don't bother.
    Got a despatch email from Debenhams on 1st sep, to be delivered withing "5 working days", still no sign of the parcel. Phoned them up and the courier (Hermes) have a backlog. Which frankly, shouldn't be my problem.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Speaking from the customer side here, agreed, don't bother.
    Got a despatch email from Debenhams on 1st sep, to be delivered withing "5 working days", still no sign of the parcel. Phoned them up and the courier (Hermes) have a backlog. Which frankly, shouldn't be my problem.

Hermes from the customer end seems a bit hit and miss. I don't know how many of their drivers are self-employed but our local one is. They stuff all the parcels into a little hatchback and only deliver on a Sunday or occasionally in the evening. They obviously work full time and have this as an extra job. The thing that annoys me the most about this is that if you ever check the tracking for the parcel it always looks like they attempt to delivery during the day during the week. But they don't as usually its when someone is home and its impossible to get to our front door without seeing the person and the dog barking to let us know.
  • babymoo
    babymoo Posts: 3,187 Forumite
    Options
    My dad works for Hermes and I do help out now and again when he is busy. The little sticker you will have been left with is your receipt. If you call hermes they should be able to trace the package through the number on the sticker .. providing you were given the right sticker. I actually wasn't aware that they do deliveries of this kind as I thought it was just contracts for Next, Debenhams etc. If you have any more questions I will do my best to answer or ask my father who will probably be a bit more of use.
  • babymoo
    babymoo Posts: 3,187 Forumite
    Options
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    Hermes from the customer end seems a bit hit and miss. I don't know how many of their drivers are self-employed but our local one is. They stuff all the parcels into a little hatchback and only deliver on a Sunday or occasionally in the evening. They obviously work full time and have this as an extra job.

If you are having problems with your delivery driver then raise a complaint with hermes. Hermes drivers are indeed self employed and while some may as you say work it around their other jobs many don't. My father works for Hermes full time, goes out every morning as soon as he has had his delivery from the depot and is usually done by 2pm if not before. Hermes delivery drivers are legally allowed to deliver between the hours of 8am-8pm monday to saturday. I didn't think they were allowed to deliver sunday's at all but again I could be wrong.
  • blackpatch
    blackpatch Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 24 September 2009 at 9:30PM
    Options
    jp1978 wrote: »
    This is the first time i have ever had this level of BAD service from any courier service ( I send several hundred parcels a year ). I have now been waiting nearly a week for my parcel to be picked up and spent nearly two hours on the phone getting precisely nowhere. This was the first and only time that that I will us this service :mad::mad::mad:

Goods dispatched from well known company (Lakeland) on 30th August,to be delivered in 5 days by Hermes. Goods never arrived and no card put through the door. On checking the tracked delivery number provided the goods were apparently delivered to our house (only my mother and I live there),on 7 Sept 2009 at ten past five pm and a signature obtained. Guess what my signature had been forged.(Yes My Name in Block Capitals) on the Electronic proof of Delivery. At this time I was on a bmi-baby flight from Birmingham to Belfast.

A week later Hermes were due to pick up a parcel from my address going to Tanita (UK). They never called to pick up the parcel on the collection day. I then rang up the following day and the driver apparently said he called and no-one was at home, so he left a card. Yeah Right.!!!! Funny I never received it.

UPDATE
    Parcel was eventually collected on 14th Sept. about 7pm after calling Hermes.
    The parcel was not delivered until the 24 Sept. (Ten Days) It was a 3-5 day signed service that I paid for.
    Rang them up looking for a refund - they offered 20% off next time I used their service.
    Said this wasn't good enough as Royal mail offer a full refund (Special Delivery Service). They then offered to refund me in full via Paypal.
    My advice is don't use this company, but if you must and they under perform ask for a full refund. If they refuse issue a dispute with paypal. Not forgetting if they lose or damage your parcel then ask for Compensation for that as well.
  • kiz69
    Options
    y get something del 2 home if u r at work and y order a b4 1 or an after1 if your not goin 2be at home if ru at work get it del 2there not your home :mad::mad: and if u order an b4 or after be in if u will not get it or when u ask us 2lev it with a ngh tell them 2b in or u be in :eek::T
  • *LoopyLaura*
    Options
    Pardon? :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills