How to upgrade a Lloyds Classic to Club?

How does one upgrade a Classic account to Club.

Online banking doesn't allow you, you get a warning message.

In branch isn't any good, I visited my branch today and spoke to the manager. He to.d me even he as manager could not do it, nor could any staff.

So I guess its the phone. So does anyone have the direct line for Account Upgrades?

Cheers fj

Comments

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    http://www.lloydsbank.com/current-accounts/club-lloyds.asp

Scroll down to Easy to apply or upgrade
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How does one upgrade a Classic account to Club.

Online banking doesn't allow you, you get a warning message.

In branch isn't any good, I visited my branch today and spoke to the manager. He to.d me even he as manager could not do it, nor could any staff.

So I guess its the phone. So does anyone have the direct line for Account Upgrades?

Cheers fj

What does the warning message say? You should be able to upgrade from Classic if you have no other 'Added Value' accounts (such as a Club Lloyds/Silver etc.).
  • bigfreddiel
    bigfreddiel Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    xylophone wrote: »
    http://www.lloydsbank.com/current-accounts/club-lloyds.asp

Scroll down to Easy to apply or upgrade

Yep did that, takes you to the online logon form, did that, logged on, continued on and it says you cannot upgrade to Club!

Did you actually do this yourself?

Thanks anyway

fj
  • bigfreddiel
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    What does the warning message say? You should be able to upgrade from Classic if you have no other 'Added Value' accounts (such as a Club Lloyds/Silver etc.).

Yep, classic to club. It's a joint account, I already have a sole Club account and from what you say it can't be done online. I know it can't be done in branch, I tried today and the manager of my branch told me. The reason is all staff are undergoing training including himself because of unacceptable performance of the staff. What exactly that means I'm not sure, and I'm not sure if it's true at other branches.

fj
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yep, classic to club. It's a joint account, I already have a sole Club account and from what you say it can't be done online. I know it can't be done in branch, I tried today and the manager of my branch told me. The reason is all staff are undergoing training including himself because of unacceptable performance of the staff. What exactly that means I'm not sure, and I'm not sure if it's true at other branches.

fj

If it was a joint account did both of you attend the branch?
  • bigfreddiel
    If it was a joint account did both of you attend the branch?

Yes, but as I said they are all being re-trained to be able to provide this service, including the manager, maybe it's a bad branch, maybe it's throughout the bank. cheers fj
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Did you actually do this yourself?

Thanks anyway

fj

Yep, I have upgraded online very easily.
    There must be an issue with your specific situation, maybe because you already have a sole Club Account.
    If the other account holder has not got a sole Club Account, have you tried in getting him/her to do it online? It may be worth to try that.
  • bigfreddiel
    Yep, I have upgraded online very easily.
    There must be an issue with your specific situation, maybe because you already have a sole Club Account.
    If the other account holder has not got a sole Club Account, have you tried in getting him/her to do it online? It may be worth to try that.

We both have sole club accounts and share a joint classic account. We both have our own separate online access to our sole accounts and obviously we can both access the joint account.

We have debit cards for both accounts, so four in total. This was all very easy to set up.

The bank manager at my branch confirmed that we can havre a club joint account but his branch couldn't upgrade it,.

We've both, my wife and I, logged on to our accounts and both come back with a message that we cannot upgrade to club.

Over to you

Cheers fj
  • I too was unable to upgrade my sole account online recently, so booked an appointment at my Branch for a member of staff to upgrade me. This was about 6 weeks ago, so I wonder if it is training issue at your particular branch or new policy? Could you ring up an alternative near-by branch to see if they could do it for you?

By the way, the reason I could not upgrade online was because, although I had two direct debits and the necessary income, one of the direct debits was for a holiday payment which had a payment end date. The Lloyds staff member just moved one of the many DDs over from my joint Club Lloyds account so it wasn't a major problem.

Hope you get it sorted.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Have you tried a telephone enquiry on the general enquiries line as a start?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure