Does this seem fair for Ideal Logic Combi Boiler 30 kW

Comments

• ahll
    ahll Posts: 1,506
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 4 March 2012 at 8:02PM
    well what a waste of time that was, everyone that has commented has told you not to fit an ideal but that is upto you, but when you post in the future asking what is wrong with my boiler & i wish i'd never had it fitted don't expect me to comment, on second thoughts i might just to say "i told you so"

Here are some reviews on the one you recommendClick HERE some give it 1 star ! So you see this is a concern too ? What do you make to these reviews ?

This is one of the link I looked at for ideal reviews some good some bad ! Click HERE Page 7 "Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:20 am Logics are excellent." and Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:17 pm "I wonder if any of the early posters on this thread would be interested in detracting their statements now that the Ideal Logic is a proven product. I have now fitted about 250 of these boilers with very few faults, allowing for the sticking filling valve of which I have had two and one where the seals on the diverter valve leaked into the actuator, with the actuator problem the boiler was four months out of warranty however Ideal repaired it free of charge."

As for me my final decision is NOT made but I am now thinking it will be one of these !
    "The time is always right to do what is right"
  • southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    i can only go by my eperience & sorry if i sounded abit off earlier, we have fitted hundreds of ideal boilers (through the warmfront scheme as thats what they gave us to fit but thats another story in it's own right), the customers had nothing but trouble with them, i have been fitting Remeha boilers for 6 years & i have only had one problem (this was a faulty bypass pipe that was sorted by Remeha) that couldn't be sorted out over the phone with the customer, so as i say i can only go by my own experience since 1982
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • ahll
    Forumite
    Not sure where you have been reading glowing reviews about Ideal. Start a thread on diyNOT as many experienced RGIs will share their thoughts on Ideal products and warranty support.

Good luck.

Canucklehead
    thanks

I would be happy to to get more feedback but I can not find a diyNOT place to post such a thread...where is it ?
  • ahll
    Forumite
    i can only go by my eperience & sorry if i sounded abit off earlier, we have fitted hundreds of ideal boilers (through the warmfront scheme as thats what they gave us to fit but thats another story in it's own right), the customers had nothing but trouble with them, i have been fitting Remeha boilers for 6 years & i have only had one problem (this was a faulty bypass pipe that was sorted by Remeha) that couldn't be sorted out over the phone with the customer, so as i say i can only go by my own experience since 1982

I appreciate your comments. I am just trying to spend my tight budget on the best option I can. Conflicting data is not making this as easy as I thought though and the guy wants to start work on fitting it on the 12th.
  • Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    ahll wrote: »
    thanks

I would be happy to to get more feedback but I can not find a diyNOT place to post such a thread...where is it ?

Go here to register then go to P&H forum, click on 'New Topic' link just under title and weave away. Btw...most of the folks who have posted negative comments about Ideal are actually RGIs with years of experience in the industry (sole traders, BG employees, service engineers for manufacturers etc.)

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • Canucklehead
    ahll wrote: »
    I appreciate your comments. I am just trying to spend my tight budget on the best option I can. Conflicting data is not making this as easy as I thought though and the guy wants to start work on fitting it on the 12th.

Just a thought...have you asked your chosen RGI to price for a Remeha combi? What is the specification of the quote you already have from the 'Ideal' guy? How does it compare to your other quotes for the same specification?

Canucklehead
  • southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    ok i've just read the review link you posted, Remeha used to use local RGI's as service engineers & sometimes they shall we say not be very good, (i've never had a prob getting through on the phone), Remeha were bought out last year by baxi so now they use baxi's own service team across the country so the probs the customers on the review site had should be a thing of the past.
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • ahll
    Forumite
    Just a thought...have you asked your chosen RGI to price for a Remeha combi? What is the specification of the quote you already have from the 'Ideal' guy? How does it compare to your other quotes for the same specification?

Canucklehead

Yeah contacted him and ask for a quote for a Remeha and his thoughts about those boilers... a waiting a response as yet. He quoted for the Ideal 30kw

Will checkout the other site you recommended ..thanks
  • ahll
    Forumite
    ok i've just read the review link you posted, Remeha used to use local RGI's as service engineers & sometimes they shall we say not be very good, (i've never had a prob getting through on the phone), Remeha were bought out last year by baxi so now they use baxi's own service team across the country so the probs the customers on the review site had should be a thing of the past.

Ok thanks for the feedback. As sed above awaiting a new quote for using the Remeha 28c..
  • Canucklehead
    Have you had quotes from other RGIs? Compared specifications?

Canucklehead
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure