Rising to the top of the ocean - and staying afloat!

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    You & fading & your mince pies :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Mmmm..... mince pies.... :drool:
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • I've got indigestion :( ...... too many mince pies :rotfl:
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • mummybearx
    mummybearx Posts: 1,921 Forumite

I love the sea ..... my grandad was a fisherman so I was brought up around boats :).

I guess, like all of nature, it's the wildness of it and that you can't control it .... one minute it's as gentle as a newborn pup and the next it's the raging mother as you've got too close to her baby!

It seemed a bit apt as I've previously been drowning in debt and it could easily be compared to clawing my way to the surface of the ocean..... now I just need a life-belt to keep me up there as things are tight!:)

Reminds me of the Florence and the machine song Never let me go :-)

And yes, a cuppa would be lovely :)

And I thought I was the only one that done the 'first page then last page' reading :rotfl:
    Can't think of anything smart to put here...
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I love the sea too. I feel a huge infinity to it for some reason. However, I like it's darker side, I'm not a fan of the touristy side of the coast, I love it when it's dark, windy, rugged and raining

I also feel a bit 'lost' or an on looker when diaries are more established, so am really glad to be here from the begining of this one, woo hoo!

<drops biccie crumbs down herself>
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • Mort
    Mort Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I love the sea ..... my grandad was a fisherman so I was brought up around boats :).

I guess, like all of nature, it's the wildness of it and that you can't control it .... one minute it's as gentle as a newborn pup and the next it's the raging mother as you've got too close to her baby!
    :hello:
    Mrs Mort also loves the sea, and walking the dog along the beach. A definite "Sea Child".

Hope the new thread floats.
    Proud to have dealt with my debts, became debt free on 03/11/2011. Repaid £54,723.41 LBM May 2006.
    Debt Free Roll Of Honour #504
    Mortgage Free from October 2019
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm subscribing too....nice new diary.....i feel exactly the same about the older ones too !!

I bet I'm too late for a piece of cake?
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Mince pies droooooool
  • zepsgal wrote: »
    And I thought I was the only one that done the 'first page then last page' reading :rotfl:
    Shortie wrote: »
    I also feel a bit 'lost' or an on looker when diaries are more established, so am really glad to be here from the begining of this one, woo hoo!
    polesalot wrote: »
    I'm subscribing too....nice new diary.....i feel exactly the same about the older ones too !!

I do the first & last couple of pages ... but still always feel like I never catch up!:o Glad it's not just me!:)
  • Shortie wrote: »
    I love the sea too. I feel a huge infinity to it for some reason. However, I like it's darker side, I'm not a fan of the touristy side of the coast, I love it when it's dark, windy, rugged and raining

Ohhhh, yup - I also love being outside in the dark in the middle of nowhere (not when it's stormy too!)
    Mort wrote: »
    :hello:
    Mrs Mort also loves the sea, and walking the dog along the beach. A definite "Sea Child".

Hi Mort:hello: great to see you! Mrs Mort def has the right ideas...:)

Really missing my beach walks just now ..... can't wait for Maisie to be home and to get out & about again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure