How to trace an internet company TSL Clothing?

Hi
My daughter has a debit card and on her recent statement is a small amount paid to TSL Clothing Welwyn, but we dont know who this company is and cant recall buying anything. Feeling very anxious!
The bank are unhelpful and said 'the transaction was undertaken on a secure e commerce site...However I have googled the company and cant find them. and have no recourse against the retailer.
Any suggestions/help?
thanks

Comments

• KittyPryde
    KittyPryde Posts: 2,623 Forumite
    I googled and TSL is also an abbreviation for Tesco Stores Limited. Could she have bought something from tesco clothing section/site?

I checked my statement the other day and coudn't remember what half my purchases were so logged on to ebay and saw loads I'd forgotten about, it's easy to forget lol.
  • cjc8
    cjc8 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks - Much appreciated
  • KittyPryde wrote: »
    I googled and TSL is also an abbreviation for Tesco Stores Limited. Could she have bought something from tesco clothing section/site?

I checked my statement the other day and coudn't remember what half my purchases were so logged on to ebay and saw loads I'd forgotten about, it's easy to forget lol.

Thanks a bunch for this, I too noticed TSL Clothing on my statement and was getting ready to start screaming fraud, but decided to check on here first. I read your reply to the other member and it reminded me of a clothing purchase from Tesco's website! :T
  • Thanks from me too. I had been puzzling over a credit card entry and now know what it was for. Why don't they make it clearer on statements?!! CP
  • Thanks for that!!! Thought i had been 'had' again!!
  • Pheeew, I was also reaching for the phone sweating 'fraud' Especially when I saw there was a discussion about it on mse as I find out about most scams on here :-) feel really silly now!! glad it's just Tesco!!!
    Saving for Christmas 2023 #51🎄
    £1 a day £36/£365
    Tilly Tidy 🧹 2023
    💸 2023 1% Challenge #9 ☀️
  • Thanks for this post, i too was thinking i dont know this company and then found this and realised i had spent money at Tesco

thanks
    Emma
  • I've just been querying a bunch of transactions on my account under TSL Clothing too.

It seems Tesco have two payment references as I also have Tesco Stores as a reference on my account.

They have taken money out of my account which they shouldn't have and I am in the process of disputing this. So just to say, make sure you tally up any payments to receipts you have for items purchased - mine don't add up, yours may not either. :(
  • i too found an unexplained entry on my statement. mine was a card payment to tsl clothing. the transaction was made on 21 june. how am i supposed to know what that was. it turned out it was my daughters school uniform order. why it had to take six weeks to show up on my account i do not know. at least its not fraud. :)
  • Thanks found this discussion and stop panicking!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure