IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ukcps

My first post so hoping I'm doing it right!

Can someone please advise me.

I went shopping this morning and got a Ukcps ticket I think.

The reason I say I think is because I didn't notice it until I was driving down the motorway and put my windscreen wipers on as it was raining. I heard a clicking sound and noticed the wiper rip against a plastic pocket on my screen which then tore off and blew away.

I've no evidence and I wasn't parking illegally. I parked outside of a parking bay as they were all full but there were no yellow lines or obstructions and I was in a safe place behind a truck.

I've no paperwork as it is somewhere down the motorway but I'm worried I may get a summons or something and I've no,details.

I don't want to pay £100 which is what I think it is if not paid in two weeks time and don't want to pay £60 as it's unfair.

What do I do. I'm worried about this,

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Comments

• bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just read the Newbies thread. UKCPS normally folds when it sees the standard appeal.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • Don't worry and don't panic. You'll get a Notice to Keeper through the post - we advise that people wait for that anyway.

You'll appeal and win. The NtK will come between 29 and 56 days, so spend the time familiarising yourself with the newbies thread, and have a read of the successful appeals - it will ease your worried mind.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,624
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My first post so hoping I'm doing it right!

Can someone please advise me.

I went shopping this morning and got a Ukcps ticket I think.

The reason I say I think is because I didn't notice it until I was driving down the motorway and put my windscreen wipers on as it was raining. I heard a clicking sound and noticed the wiper rip against a plastic pocket on my screen which then tore off and blew away.

I've no evidence and I wasn't parking illegally. I parked outside of a parking bay as they were all full but there were no yellow lines or obstructions and I was in a safe place behind a truck.

I've no paperwork as it is somewhere down the motorway but I'm worried I may get a summons or something and I've no,details.

I don't want to pay £100 which is what I think it is if not paid in two weeks time and don't want to pay £60 as it's unfair.

What do I do. I'm worried about this,

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Read what happens when UKCPS receive the template appeal that you will find in the Newbies sticky thread (2nd from top of this forum):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=64869779

And when you read the sticky thread (which does after all shout in capitals 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!') you will see the advice is to WAIT for the first letter anyway as long as you are the registered keeper. Don't know how to hop home to page one from here? Use the 'Forum Jump' and click 'GO'. Read the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure