Second time lucky... debt free diary.

Comments

• charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Just a quick message to say thank you so much. I'm sorry I hadn't realised there were messages on here. Dh has had a couple of days off so I haven't been near a computer.
    I'm ok, still no idea what's going off, waiting for an MRI scan now.
    I'm just going to work so will update properly later when dh has gone to work (him being off has meant spend days)
    Thank you again for the messages xx
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Hope the MRI is through soon and you're not waiting too long.

Have a lovely weekend x
  • charlies_tribe
    Thank you for the messages. DH has a big thing about technology and moans if I use my phone/laptop while hes here. My sister had a baby gender reveal tonight and I was at work so been watching facebook since I got home for the live update thing and he's gone to work in a strop. Must admit, I couldn't live without my phone, he doesn't touch his for days at a time.

Cherryfudge, thank you for posting, I'll take a look for the page. Hopefully they have more toothbrushes in, think the offer was on till the 6th june.

Hospital was ok. I had hearing test, moderate hearing loss in left ear. Saw consultant, got to have grommet fitted on the 6th july to drain fluid. Had bloods done, swabs done and a camera up my nose and down throat, eww! Got home today to my MRI appointment on 6th June.

I've had some pretty spendy days. Tuesday was doctors with dd and we fetched sun cream, a drink, sweets, hayfever tablets, and piriton. Wasn't much but cost a bit. Also had £10 cashback in change ready for carpark.
    Wednesday was bread and milk and some quick bits for tea to try and encourage dd to eat (had been nearly 3 days).
    Thursday was bbq things and dh had an early fathers day present. A new tshirt, trainers and a nose hair trimmer! Also fetched sack of dog food.
    Today has been a NSD.
    Need to find all the receipts.

Nothing else paid off the debt yet. Only 5 days till the end of the month.
    Right, better go to bed as work again tomorrow. Good Night x
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • charlies_tribe
    Good morning. Nothing happening here.

Just been looking at CC transfer, 0% ends on 5th june. I have 3 options, (£3100)
    1: 0% transfer by 31st may at 2.9% for 18 months (£89.9 fee)
    2: 0% transfer by end june at 3.4% for 2 years (£105 fee)
    3: leave it as it is (not even sure I want to work the interest out)

I'm thinking the extra 6 months might be the better option? Theres 8000 on that card already that 0% ends in sept so at first all payments will come off that higher amount.

The next 0% ends july (425 appox) and as min payment to that is £195 (same card as £8000 above) it should have almost cleared itself with a small amount to pay.

Off to work soon should be a NSD.
  • charlies_tribe
    Morning again. It arrives so quickly when i'm tired.

Yesterday ended up being a spend day, kids remembered it was last weekend of the month so £28.50 on pizza while I was at work and I've just realised I didn't actually eat yesterday!

Today will be a spend day too, need bread and milk, I forgot to do a shopping order yesterday. I've asked both dd and ds to go to shop and they've both got excuses (headache/too tired!)so i'm trying to pluck up the courage to go. I'm desperate for a cup of tea!

Busy week coming up. I'm working tomorrow, Tuesday is ds consultant appointment, Thursday is twin nieces birthday party.. need to get cards and present. Also said i'll have my nephews if needed Thursday as my sister needs a more detailed scan as they've spotted a problem with babys lungs. Then sunday is ds1 birthday so need to get everything for that.

Right, suppose I better go get some milk....
  • charlies_tribe
    Good evening.
    Decided I need to keep on top of the shopping. £4.70 for 2 loaves of bread and 6 pints of milk! would have been £2.50 at mr T. DD did go in the end, I told her i'd make her a cup of tea when she got back, she'll do anything for a cup of tea!
    Also had to do an amazon order. DD has lost the back off her ear bar so new bars ordered (only had it done a few months so cant leave it out until her birthday otherwise I would have left them). Also ordered cat litter, so much cheaper on amazon (extremely fussy cat that wee's on clothes or anything he can find if we change brand) but only an add on item so bulk buy it if I order anything on prime. And DS's game for his birthday, was £44 in shop, glad I checked before I bought it, was only £25. £62 all together.

A little proud of myself today, DH forgot to put the beef in the slow cooker when he got in. So I did it! de-bagged and put in oven and cooked lovely. I have a massive phobia of raw meat! I'm glad DH likes cooking.

Going to go shopping after work tomorrow. Need to write a meal plan and will need extra snacks while it's half term.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 May 2017 at 12:02AM
    Sounds like a good day - lots of money saving on the present, the family (and you!) are fed and you coped with the raw meat.

Hope you got your cup of tea!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • charlies_tribe
    Thank you Cherryfudge. I enjoyed that cup of tea.

Last day of the month. £637 paid to debt so far this month. Going to take a look at figures and decide which one i'm going to tackle first to make the overpayment too. Still need to look at the balance transfer. There's quiet a bit left over this month. I'm going to order the fridge/freezer and look at a quote for levelling the garden. DH wants to hire a digger but we just don't seem to have time. He's struggling with night shifts and seems tired all the time.

He is off tomorrow and Friday. Hoping for a day out on Friday. DD has asked to go to seaside so might be a trip to Skegness, will need to fill the car up and will take lunches with us. Also have £100 in Tesco points if we decided to do the zoo or something instead.

Got 2 more debts that need sorting, that aren't on the list. Both DH's. They unit where he has been storing his self employed equipment hasn't been paid since jan! There's no money left so i'm going to take it from our account until some of the equipment has sold. Then there's his guns. His licence ran out last year and he still hasn't sorted it. They've been in storage at £7.50 a week since about august! He wouldn't sell them at the time as he wouldn't get a lot for them but now they have cost a fortune in storage. Both things I hadn't even thought about.

Need to get myself in gear. I'm off this week and have so much to do but just don't want to do it, feeling a bit down about everything. Gardens driving me insane, the amount of junk everywhere, I just don't know where to start to make it look any better. Kids keep fighting, they're bored but we cant get out anywhere, hoping they can get rid of some energy Friday.
  • Cherryfudge
    £637 is brilliant! Good to see the total going down :).

I think a number of people experience setbacks in their early months of debt-busting. So often I see people struggling with budgets that aren't working out and things coming out of the woodwork. At least you have found those two leaks and can start to plan how to deal with them so they will cease to be a drain on your finances.

Why can't parents have school holidays too? It would do everyone a service: you need a break and the children have had enough of theirs... swap? Perfect solution! Maybe I should suggest it to someone...

My garden is in a state too and I did some emergency painting to cheer it up before we had guests recently. It hasn't cured it entirely but just getting one thing done has made me feel better and the garden looks at least a little cared-for. I am telling myself that the paint looks so good that the guests will have noticed that and not the weeds. Tell me I'm right. :D At least it's a job done. Actually, I remember reading some famous gardening person saying that if you can't do the whole garden, just do the bit by the door. That will make the most difference. I think he was right (I painted the step among other things).

Have fun in Skegness!

• Cherryfudge
    I saw this on this site - free entry to look around farms, I think it's this Sunday. Might be an activity to keep the warring children apart and gainfully occupied?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/open-farm-sunday#2017

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport