Staff Discount cards - How much do you save?

Comments

• Asda give 10% discount on everything except petrol/cigs and 20% on booze + non food at xmas plus book for attractions/ financial services etc at reduced prices.
  • Woolworths gives 20% to staff, we used to get 2 discount cards but now we just get one although you can have one other person on it. Other person must be over 16 and live at same address as member of immediate family though. All goods bought with it must be for staff members own use, although obviously you can buy gifts....

Not allowed to use it with public 10 or 20% off days although we sometimes get a 30% weekend. In addition certain products no discount (e.g. gift vouchers, stamps lottery papers and mags) and others only 10% (entertainment products i.e. consoles, pc's, CD's, DVD's telly's etc) On the plus side CAN use with 3 for 2, BOGOF's and reduced stuff! :grinheart

A lot of people will be in unions too.. so don't forget all the deals through them too.. I am in USDAW get free employment related advice from solic,free will writing and various discounts with other places too
    I love this site! :j
  • holstar
    holstar Posts: 826 Forumite
    i get 30% staff discount at Millets, which also works at other shops in the same company, so discount at Blacks, Freespirit, etc...this is off both sale and non-sale items.

Also, is used together with student discount (10%) I can get 38% off non-sale items.

this increases to up to 50% off items that are worn for work, so I bought a few pairs shoes etc, only wore them once to work, but got them half-price :D

other perks to the job...a near-luminous green fleece?! :eek:
    One thing...that sets pulses racing...that gets hearts pounding...for which there is no substitute...only YOU can provide...blood.

Only 5% of the eligible population give blood: do something amazing today, save a life, give blood
  • pcyam
    pcyam Posts: 651 Forumite
    work for bank,

their never use to be good discount, but dec 05 they introduced some new things which came into place jan 06, i get to order vouchers for high street stores, supermarkets at discounted price ranges anything from 2% to 10% (have tp buy with either debit/credit card-more points on my credit card), staff discount on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans, bank account (get both low overdraft rate and high interest rate if in credit), discount on child care vouchers (not that I have any use for them).

ONLY PROBLEM WITH THE VOUCHERS HAVE TO ORDER IN ADVANCED SO THEY COME THROUGH THE DOOR AND I KEEP ON FORGETING TO ORDER THEM-I've also told all my friends if they want any I would order them for them (so they get discount on vouchers and I get points on my card :0) )
  • dorothy perkins and burtons 10% off all items inc sale for nhs workers....just show id badge....cant use it in evans though

:o
    cc.£4265.
    loans!!!
    stay focused!!!

• Talking to the checkout girl in morrisons the only discount they get is on cds &dvds
  • trumpet wrote:
    Talking to the checkout girl in morrisons the only discount they get is on cds &dvds

I used to work there, they get discount on anything thats not food, excluding the normal list of stuff (stamps top-up vouchers lottery tickets gift vouchers etc).
  • trumpet wrote:
    Talking to the checkout girl in morrisons the only discount they get is on cds &dvds

Typical tight old Ken Morrison !
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    I used to work for WHS and we used to get 25% off but there were lots of exclusions - drinks, chocs, tobacco, any offers - 3 for 2, BOGOF etc. Then just before I left they altered it to be 12.5% on everything - except tobacco, lottery, stamps etc.
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • shopbot wrote:
    NHS employees may want to have a look at:
    http://www.nhsdiscounts.com/

I have saved loads using this site. As a regular shopper in Peacocks you get 10% off on a £10 spend by using a printable voucher.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure