BT Complaints & Escalation

scooter_aust
scooter_aust Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 13 October 2016 at 2:44PM in Phones & TV
I am currently having what I would call an "experiance" in the worst possible customer service and total lack of ownership I have ever experianced with BT.

Does anyone know how to get complaints resolved?

I am owed over £300 due to incorrect billing and after speaking to 7 differnet people at an average of 30-40 mins each over the last month I am no nearer getting things resolved.

any help would be appreciated.

Money SavingExpert Insert

If you're having trouble complaining Resolver might help you.

Comments

• Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    This, sadly, is their technique...They make themselves completely bulletproof by not caring at all. It's like pushing on water...you can try, but it just doesn't work.

I was being overcharged every month and I spent months calling every department under the sun, writing letters, email, talking to the BT rep on here...I was lied to, called a liar (ironically) promised about a million calls back that never materialised and even hung up on. Conclusion: They just don't care. In the end I gave up chasing the money and resolved to leave them as soon as possible. They, cleverly, make it so hard to get anywhere that, in the end, it's just not worth your time and energy. I wrote the money off, resolved to leave them and never come back and left it at that.

Horrible, horrible company.
  • Thats exactly what is happening, I have requested my MAC and will leaving them and joining sky very soon.
  • EllieB_2
    EllieB_2 Posts: 77 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2011 at 9:38PM
    I have had a similar experience - which doesn't help you, but rest assured you are not the only one. I have spent hours and hours on the phone to this dreadful company - and got nowhere. My complaint was not upheld and now they tell me I have to pay £10 for a transcript of the call as I dispute the content. Appalling service - total rubbish. I believe they deliberately make it so hideously difficult to complain that customers simply give up - leaving them in the money. They work on volumes and don't care about the loss of a few unhappy customers.
  • Have you been to the complaints body for phones?

I think its ofcom. They are usually a last resort but they should be able to help you.

Failing that I would be contacting Watchdog, or a consumer column in one of the national papers, they are also usually very good at sorting these problems out.

Try here http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/

Unless people make a stand and complain through these they will continue to get away with taking your money off you, that could end up being quite an extra revenue.
    Wow, I got 3 *, when did that happen :j:T:p
    It is not illegal to open another persons mail unless you intend to commit fraud - this is frequently incorrectly posted:)
    I live in my head - I find it's safer there:p
  • Idiophreak
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Have you been to the complaints body for phones?

I think its ofcom. They are usually a last resort but they should be able to help you.

Failing that I would be contacting Watchdog, or a consumer column in one of the national papers, they are also usually very good at sorting these problems out.

Try here http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/

Unless people make a stand and complain through these they will continue to get away with taking your money off you, that could end up being quite an extra revenue.

Ofcom won't get involved in complaints from a single consumer - they'll refer you to an Alternate Dispute Resolution provider. The punchline, of course, is that you can only get the details of these people by asking BT - and I asked them 3 or 4 times to provide the details and they just refused.

And I don't think Watchdog would be interested - they must get hundreds of complaints about BT each day and it's been that way for years - it's hardly breaking news for them.
  • Idiophreak wrote: »
    Ofcom won't get involved in complaints from a single consumer - they'll refer you to an Alternate Dispute Resolution provider. The punchline, of course, is that you can only get the details of these people by asking BT - and I asked them 3 or 4 times to provide the details and they just refused.

And I don't think Watchdog would be interested - they must get hundreds of complaints about BT each day and it's been that way for years - it's hardly breaking news for them.
    Now that is an individual complaint which if Ofcom did not get involved, your MP would probably take up cudgels on your behalf.

BT rep, this is a complaint you need to deal with.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Hi scooter_aust

I have just seen your post and would like to look into this for you, just checkout my profile section were you will find my contact info.

Regards David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi scooter_aust

I have just seen your post and would like to look into this for you, just checkout my profile section were you will find my contact info.

Regards David
    What about Idiophreak's problem?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Idiophreak
    Combo Breaker First Post
    What about Idiophreak's problem?

Literally, it's not worth bothering about. I'm quite happy just tottering around forums trying to warn people off BT as much as I can. I'm sure, eventually, I'll get my pound of flesh. :)
  • I have also been having great difficulty with bt, they breached their contract with me by failing to supply a working router ( which they admit) so at the end of the contract i did nor renew. I advised bt of this and obtained a mac code and migrated to another provider. Bt then billed me for £84 for ending my contract early! I have now made many phone calls and have also had my honesty put in doubt!
    I now refuse to speak to them on the phone and will only accept letters from them! They are very,very slow to reply, but on the 28th september i recevied a written letter confirming that the broad band contract had been renewed without my consent and that i would not invoiced for any cancellation charges, this letter was signed by rodney armstrong, i was also offered £30 compensation! I sent a letter in reply and am still awaiting a response!
    Surprise surprise today i recevied an invoice for £174.23p, the majority of which is cancellation charges!
    Warnig do ot sign up to bt's tempting offers you will regret it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport