Inchcape Financial Services Limited

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I was given the hard sell on PPI by an Inchcape Vauxhall salesman that would not take no for an answer and now wish to make a claim via MSE Resolver against Inchcape Financial Services Limited.

There is however a snag as no option for 'Inchcape Financial Services Limited' on exists on The Resolver Site.

I have tried making contact with Resolver requesting addition of this company to no avail - there is no response.

Does anyone know if there is a new parent company / should I be using another option available via Resolver?

Has anyone made a successful claim against Inchcape Financial Services Limited and how?

Many thanks :T

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    ShinyFSE wrote: »
    I was given the hard sell on PPI by an Inchcape Vauxhall salesman that would not take no for an answer and now wish to make a claim via MSE Resolver... however a snag as no option for 'Inchcape Financial Services Limited' on exists on The Resolver Site.
    Since Resolver does not have agreements with every Financial Institution to accept complaints through the "tool", you are best advised to complain directly to the party concerned.
    You cannot simply request the addition of a particular company, I'm afraid. Why involve a third party anyway? The complaints process is simple and free.

However, it doesn't sound as if the firm you mention actually sold you the PPI. If you bought the insurance from a Vauxhall showroom, then your complaint should go to the car dealer not the provider.

In addition, if the sale of this PPI was prior to January 2005 then the sale is pre-regulation of general insurance sales and the dealer can dismiss any complaint on that basis alone without even considering it.
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Inchcape Financial Services is or was a division of Inchcape the motor dealer it acted as a consumer credit intermediary I don't believe it was a lender.

Complaints about PPI sold by an Inchcape dealer should be sent to:
    Contact Name
    Anton Clive Jeary
    Address:
    Inchcape House
    Langford Lane
    Kidlington
    Oxford
    OX5 1HT
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Phone:
    44 8451255900
    Fax:
    44 1865849421
    Email:
    anton.jeary@inchcape.com
    https://www.inchcape.co.uk
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Nearlyold wrote: »
    Complaints about PPI sold by an Inchcape dealer should be sent to:
    My comments about this being likely pre-regulation still apply, of course.
  • ShinyFSE
    ShinyFSE Posts: 7 Forumite
    Hi Chaps,

Many thanks for the kind responses. There's some useful info there. I appreciate your help on this :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure