Anything good for doing sprints(intervals) and long distance running?

Comments

• Lukoind
    Lukoind Posts: 19 Forumite
    Hey, have you tried Creatine? It might help :).
  • ktcoil
    ktcoil Posts: 559 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    thanks looks good, will look at Holland and barret

How long before you work out do you take this? also is it something that may keep you awake? not good take after 4pm?

thanks
  • Seriously, dont waste your money on stuff like that unless you are an elite athlete or at least competing a decent level. Making sure you eat well generally, and getting enough sleep, will have much more of an impact on your ability to put in good training sessions. Perhaps have a coffee and banana pre workout but thats enough.

Edit, its not even a pre workout supp anyway.
  • Creatine will not provide you with extra energy, but many studies have shown it to be fantastic if you are working out regularly, performing successive bouts of intense exercise.

I second the coffee and sleep point - if you simply want more energy, get some decent sleep and drink a coffee before you exercise :)

Hope this helps
  • I've had some really positive results using BCAA's pre and post workout, quicker recover, defined muscle mass and good energy levels. Marketed as the building blocks of protein, highly reccomend!
    “It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor.”
  • BCAAs are great for recovery and protein synthesis, but not great for energy boost.

I ran out of BCAA powder a few weeks ago. I'd been using it consistently for about 5 months. That's when you truly realise how awesome it is. I was so sore after my workouts, it was like I was a beginner again!
  • Ha, I was exactly the same after running out. Hit the gym and found myself struggling every second session, back on them now and can comfortably train 3-4 days in a row (feel like i've had a good work out, but certainly not sore!)
    “It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor.”
  • AirJoe
    AirJoe Posts: 62 Forumite
    Agree with the above.

My personal, all-purpose recovery mix is BCAAs, L-Glutamine, electrolytes and, when I'm flush, some Cherry Active for the antioxidents. Has worked well for me.

If it's a straight up energy boost you're after, caffeine, sugar and electrolytes pre workout will do it. No need to over complicate things.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure