chemical Peel home kit

Comments

• The one I was going to use was salicylic/mandelic. I didn't use it because I went out on Sunday an wanted to wear makeup!

I got mine from forever young.

There's a report in the Mail about home peel kits. Pretty expensive ones though
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I know they're ridiculous. You were probably going to use the same one I did. We will soon see if it fades the dark patches.
  • mellymoo74 wrote: »
    The seller on ebay I got mine off does tca forever young. Have you done one before? TCA are really harsh.
    Which one did you use Fizzy?

Yes I do a TCA once or twice a year, depending on my skin, during the winter months. I use a 25% or maybe a 30% and it is harsh but my skin can take it and the difference is outstanding, other types of peels do nothing at all for me, might be just me but I actually get pleasure from watching age spots/sun damage lift away from my face:eek:, a tca this strong also dramatically improves my pores and wrinkles. I do have to stay at home for a week though which isnt a problem for me and dd cant even look at me when my face starts shedding :rotfl:Thanks for the seller info:)
  • mellymoo74
    No problem they are speedy as well.
    How peely does your face go?
  • mellymoo74 wrote: »
    No problem they are speedy as well.
    How peely does your face go?

I look really really bad :rotfl:it seems to take a good 4-5 days for my face to peel prior to that I have brown patches of dead skin waiting to come off, once the peeling starts its a very slow process but it comes off in sheets and I have to have nerves of steel not to peel it myself, no make up for about 8/9 days and then at the end its a good exfoliate in a hot shower and large amounts of moisturiser and I'm good to go for another year, I have pics on my old phone of me peeling age spots off my skin in stages after my first peel, gruesome :D
  • mellymoo74
    So my chin has broken out but I was expecting this. Otherwise skin looks smooth and my discoloured patch looks lighter.

My next peel is Friday. Current regime is;
    Morning

Clean flannel warm water
    Orange water
    Vit c serum
    Factor 50
    Foundation

Evening

Sweet almond oil ocm
    Nip and fab glycolic cleanser
    Orange blossom water
    Vit c serum with 3 drops seabuckthorn and 4 drops rosehip oil
  • Vit c serum twice a day is a waste I think.

One app of vitamin c serum stays on skin for a couple of days I've read. Love vit c serum!

Doing my peel sat I hope. Prep skin. Wait 2o mins. Then apply peel and try to last out 3 minutes :eek:
  • mellymoo74
    I read that too, but I think one of the reasons my skin is looking so good despite the purging chin is the vit c serum. I think im going to make my own next time though.

I am getting compliments on my skin which is great.

Peel again Friday wooohoooo

Oh Mon and Wed I am using a microdermabrasion flannel
  • mellymoo74
    purging is still ongoing bleurgh

Got asked if I was aciding my face lol

Was then told that they thought I was using better slap lol

best bit I had none on.
  • What percentage peel did you use melly?

I did 20 percent mandelic/salicylic on Saturday night. Peeled a little bit yesterday. Skin back to normal today.

Will do again on sat night for 4 mins I hope. Stings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure