Vodafone misreporting

I've never had any issues with the information on my credit file, but recently I've realised a Vodafone account closed about 18 months ago is still under open accounts. It first appeared on noddle, but now is on clearscore as well. Row of green circles, zero balance but it is being reported regularly when it shouldn't be.

Should I report it? To the CRAs rather than Vodafone?

Comments

• StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Vodafone first, who then should update the CRAs with the right info.

If they don't I think you escalate to the ICO.

Also, while probably annoying to you, a 0 balance account being reported as up to date every month isn't going to be harming your credit file one bit.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi Nebulous2,

So I can help you further with this, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Vodafone wrote: »
    Hi Nebulous2,

So I can help you further with this, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media

Cheers Lee - #16373385
  • Vodafone
    Hi Nebulous2,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I've got your email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    This wasn't a biggie in the grand scheme of things, but just to say Lee communicated well and fixed it.

I couldn't be bothered waiting for Clearscore or Noddle to cycle round, so I got a statutory report from Experian and it is now marked as closed. Experian holds more detail on me than the others and it is laid out clearly, so I don't begrudge the £2. I know I could get the info from the credit club, but I didn't want to go down that route. I may do in the future.
  • Vodafone
    Hi Nebulous2,

Thanks for updating the thread to confirm that this has been resolved for you.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
  • Kombi82
    Kombi82 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I have a similar problem on my credit reports, vodafone have got an address 4 doors down from where I actually live on my credit reports and the credit refrencies are refusing to amend, when I send an email to Vodafone I have got no reply
  • Power14
    Power14 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have a similar problem. I closed 2 accounts at the start of the 2017, and Noddle are showing that the accounts are still being reported on in there Status History.

I will try the link at the start of the thread, and see if I can get this resolved.
  • Power14
    I have a similar problem. I closed 2 accounts at the start of the 2017, and Noddle are showing that the accounts are still being reported on in there Status History.

I will try the link at the start of the thread, and see if I can get this resolved.

Just got an ref number from Vodafone : WRT135 [#16535460]
  • Power14
    Update. I have just received an email from Will about my account, and he informed me. Quote "I've now requested that the status of this be updated to Closed unquote."

I now have to get my wife to deal with her account as Will, informed me that she had to raise a reference number, as I was not the authorized contact on the account.

My wife's ref : WRT135 [#16547414]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport