Tax credit help

Options
Hi all,

Could really do with some advice. A couple of months ago i stopped claiming universal credit as i started a new job and my claim was closed.
I have applied for working tax credits and applied on the 1st, i originaly applied for them when inwas on universal credit and recieved a letter telling me i cant have working tax credits as i was on universal credit.
Like i said now i dont claim universal.credit and account is closed do you think i will get working tax credits - im still waiting for repsonse from my application that was sent 26 days ago.
Any help would be much apriciated, thank.you for your time.

Comments

• Icequeen99
    Icequeen99 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    Options
    Russ75 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Could really do with some advice. A couple of months ago i stopped claiming universal credit as i started a new job and my claim was closed.
    I have applied for working tax credits and applied on the 1st, i originaly applied for them when inwas on universal credit and recieved a letter telling me i cant have working tax credits as i was on universal credit.
    Like i said now i dont claim universal.credit and account is closed do you think i will get working tax credits - im still waiting for repsonse from my application that was sent 26 days ago.
    Any help would be much apriciated, thank.you for your time.

It depends on what postcode area you live in. What is your postcode?

IQ
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AFAIK universal credit claims don;t actually close, that way if you go back on it you go straight back on it, so even though you're not getting payments to them you're still on UC and can;t claim tax credits, apologies if im wrong but that was my understanding of how UC works
  • Icequeen99
    Icequeen99 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    Options
    AFAIK universal credit claims don;t actually close, that way if you go back on it you go straight back on it, so even though you're not getting payments to them you're still on UC and can;t claim tax credits, apologies if im wrong but that was my understanding of how UC works

That's why i was asking which area he was in. If he lives in a live service service area, he would have to wait 6 months until he was no longer a 'UC claimant' to get any tax credits. If he is in a digital area, he wouldn't be able to make a new tax credit claim anyway.

IQ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport