5+ year old npower debt - but it's incorrect

2»

Comments

• crimson88
    crimson88 Posts: 8 Forumite
    thanks annie and labratty! I really, really want to resolve this but am also extremely frustrated. very much appreciate the advice.
  • crimson88
    So a followup (particularly to anniecave!)

npower immediately told me I hadn't given them grounds to investigate. I had, 3 different ones, and they refused. they also refused to send me a bill (i *still* haven't seen a full bill!). I did end up doing some of this via email, and told them last week I would file with the ombudsman.

then today, after not hearing from them for 2 months whilst i deal with npower, i get another demanding letter from the debt collections agency - and the amount has gone up! the letter says they 'may recommend taking action in court' to npower.
    But, npower can't do that whilst I've got a claim in with the ombudsman, right?
  • glasgowm148
    glasgowm148 Posts: 174 Forumite
    nPower are a horrible company to deal with, when I moved out they hit me with a £1k+ bill for a 2bed flat. This is ontop of the £50 I was paying a month.

Only advice I can give is to avoid nPower. After years of fighting them I'm just paying it now.
    Capital One - 950/1400 :eek:
    Barclay Card - 400/1250 :beer:
    Overdraft - 1500/2100 :mad:
    Personal Debt - 0/2000 :T
    nPower - 900/1115 :A
    Total - 3724/7900 -- 52% paid off!
  • crimson88
    so update, as I know many other people have massive issues with npower too - the Ombudsman is investigating the case. we'll see how it goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure