Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    After chasing Iresa for many, many weeks about why the GAS meter readings I've sent them since 1st April are still not showing on my account, they've now come up with this (excuse).

As you have now switched to a new supplier, we will no longer chase for the readings to be validated. To close your account, we require your opening readings from your new supplier. Once they have sent the readings, we will be able to issue you with your final bill, and settle your balance.

E.ON are saying that both my supplies are now with them. Therefore I'm assuming that E.ON have actually sent my meter readings to Iresa. Are Iresa now just being obstructive?
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Al_Ross wrote: »
    I'm £400 in credit with Iresa and trying hard to get it refunded,and my Direct Debits halved !

Is that credit based on a recent bill/statement which includes your consumption up to an agreed meter reading?

If not, it's not really credit ans it will be offset when the bill/statement is produced. (but you should get the interest until you are billed)

If it is, then it sounds like you may have vastly got your anticipated annual usage wrong in the first instance. Check a comparison site again with your latest anticipated annual usage consumptions. The good news is that there is no early exit fee with Iresa so if a comparison based on a signifcantly lower usage shows a better supplier for you, then you can apply to switch today without penalty :)

If you decide to stick with Iresa, you won't get any credit back, but you can ask to revise your monthly payments down if you can reason why you are paying too much (and such reduction can take account of credit accrued to date) - I think you need to be with Iresa for a minimum period before you can requset such change in DD.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Al_Ross wrote: »
    Yes,I am getting 4%.

I set the payments too high. It’s a property we let out. I had no idea what the tenants might use, I got it way wrong. Just worried they go bust before I get it rectified.

Hmmm...might be best to keep quiet as this energy is being purchased by you as part of your business ;)
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    After chasing Iresa for many, many weeks about why the GAS meter readings I've sent them since 1st April are still not showing on my account, they've now come up with this (excuse).

As you have now switched to a new supplier, we will no longer chase for the readings to be validated. To close your account, we require your opening readings from your new supplier. Once they have sent the readings, we will be able to issue you with your final bill, and settle your balance.

E.ON are saying that both my supplies are now with them. Therefore I'm assuming that E.ON have actually sent my meter readings to Iresa. Are Iresa now just being obstructive?

Morning DonnySaver.

Even though we've started supplying, the meter readings need to go through a third party (Data Collector) who checks they're in line with past readings held for the property. Once confirmed, they'll go to both suppliers to be used on their respective opening and closing bills. This can take longer than the supply start date. Added to this is the delays caused by the gas industry changes (Project Nexus) I mentioned earlier (post #876). All in all, it could be taking a bit longer than usual.

Don't worry, once everything is through, your account will start from the same supply start date we've advised. Your chosen tariff and bills will both begin from this date.

Hope this explains.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning DonnySaver.

Even though we've started supplying, the meter readings need to go through a third party (Data Collector) who checks they're in line with past readings held for the property. Once confirmed, they'll go to both suppliers to be used on their respective opening and closing bills. This can take longer than the supply start date. Added to this is the delays caused by the gas industry changes (Project Nexus) I mentioned earlier (post #876). All in all, it could be taking a bit longer than usual.

Don't worry, once everything is through, your account will start from the same supply start date we've advised. Your chosen tariff and bills will both begin from this date.

Hope this explains.

Malc

Thanks again Malc. Pleased that you're here providing some sanity!
    How will I know when everything has been validated and passed to Iresa? Is there any way to tell?
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Organisation Representative
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    Thanks again Malc. Pleased that you're here providing some sanity!
    How will I know when everything has been validated and passed to Iresa? Is there any way to tell?

You're welcome DonnySaver. Happy to help.

If you've registered with our website, once all's done and dusted from our end, you'll be able to use all the services on your online account. This includes being able to enter meter readings, use the tariff change tool or alter a Monthly Direct Debit. If you can do these things then our account will be fully live. This means we'll have received validated readings from the third party I mentioned. In turn, this means the losing supplier will have received them as well. Alternatively, if you drop an email with your details to the address in my Profile, I'll be able to tell you where we're at.

Hope this helps DonnySaver.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Signed up for IRESA on 14 Feb. Switch finally went through on 29 May!
    Took direct debit on 6/3/17.
    Asked for meter number and reading five times. Told 5 different dates for switch. No answers to emails asking what was happening.
    Unfortunately thought switch had happened but had not so EoN took me off MSE tarrif end on 31 March and put me on standard tariff. Did not realise and have paid extra £180 as on standard tariff.

Paid Eon £75 as they said I had outstanding amount and thought this was last bill for outstanding fuel before switch - oh no, just bill as no direct debit going out. EoN did not notify me that I was now on their standard tariff.
    Tried ringing IRESA left in queue for over an hour!
    Made 3 complaints, no response. Never get back to you.
    Eventually got through to AJ who assured me the switch had taken place and I now owed them £180 as they had not taken the direct debits. New direct debit set up. Still no switch.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Bev_Noyce wrote: »
    Signed up for IRESA on 14 Feb. Switch finally went through on 29 May!
    Took direct debit on 6/3/17.
    Asked for meter number and reading five times. Told 5 different dates for switch. No answers to emails asking what was happening.
    Unfortunately thought switch had happened but had not so EoN took me off MSE tarrif end on 31 March and put me on standard tariff. Did not realise and have paid extra £180 as on standard tariff.

Paid Eon £75 as they said I had outstanding amount and thought this was last bill for outstanding fuel before switch - oh no, just bill as no direct debit going out. EoN did not notify me that I was now on their standard tariff.
    Tried ringing IRESA left in queue for over an hour!
    Made 3 complaints, no response. Never get back to you.
    Eventually got through to AJ who assured me the switch had taken place and I now owed them £180 as they had not taken the direct debits. New direct debit set up. Still no switch.

What were the 3 complaints you made? :huh:

How did the supplier take money from you on 6/3/17 if there was no DD in place??? :huh:

Sorry your post does not make any sense to me.

Looks like Iresa really have rocked the boats of some of the competitor suppliers with their great prices.

Just a shame no one is is not already taking advantage of their great prices can apply. When the deals are on, take advantage.

Miss it, miss out!
  • Direct debit was set up, but then they did not take the payments.

You are not the only one who this does not make sense to, but endless emails, phonecalls end in no responses - will get back to you but nothing. Great rate IF you can get it; ie they take your upfront Direct debit payment and then nothing.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Forumite
    You cannot possibly have paid an extra £180 over 2 months for being on E.On's SVT rather than your E.On Collective tariff. SVT would have to be about twice as much for that to be so: that's £90 extra per month. And that period (April and May) would be one of relatively low usage.
    I share your general frustration with Iresa though: welcome to the club.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport