OnePoll

Comments

• Was it bacs or paypal? I have heard paypal can take much longer.
    I got to my third payout 8 days ago, not payed yet.
    I didnt have to wait long for payout before and the surveys didnt stop when you get to 39 like they did this time.
    I hope things improve.
  • jaygray
    jaygray Posts: 560 Forumite
    Was it bacs or paypal? I have heard paypal can take much longer.
    I got to my third payout 8 days ago, not payed yet.
    I didnt have to wait long for payout before and the surveys didnt stop when you get to 39 like they did this time.
    I hope things improve.

It was paypal, which is what I always request, and in the past it has only taken about three to five days to receive my payment. I had an email from OnePoll this morning to tell me that they are experiencing problems with making payments because they have had so many new members recently, that they are working through the backlog, and will try to get the payments made as quickly as they can. Sorry, OnePoll, but this simply isn't good enough.
    :A A million thanks to everyone who posts :A
  • They seem to have a very odd way of paying people, on their face book page it seems some people are getting paid within a couple of days, but a lot more are waiting a month or more.
    Im still waiting after nearly two weeks.
    Dont know whats going on with them, no reply from emails or one poll peson on here either.
  • jaygray
    They seem to have a very odd way of paying people, on their face book page it seems some people are getting paid within a couple of days, but a lot more are waiting a month or more.
    Im still waiting after nearly two weeks.
    Dont know whats going on with them, no reply from emails or one poll peson on here either.

Have you tried emailing them via [EMAIL="members@onepoll.com"]members@onepoll.com[/EMAIL]? I did, and got a fairly standard reply, but persevered and finally got paid yesterday.
  • thanks ive emailed them and had same reply as you did by the sound of it, still no payment from them. Dont know whats going on with them but it puts me off doing any more surveys untill i know I will get paid for for all the time and effort.
  • jaygray
    thanks ive emailed them and had same reply as you did by the sound of it, still no payment from them. Dont know whats going on with them but it puts me off doing any more surveys untill i know I will get paid for for all the time and effort.

I know how you feel - even though I've been paid now, and had already started building up a new balance, I really don't feel like filling out any more of their surveys until I hear some positive news about the way things are going with them. It's such a shame, because in the past I've always found them to be very reliable.
  • miamoo
    miamoo Posts: 1,694 Forumite
    To be fair to One poll, it does say on the website that payment takes 28 days, I know you said it used to be a couple of days, but there sucess has obviously made that impossible now. I would wait the 28days, and if you dont hear anything by then, message them. I applied for my cash back earlier this week, so I'm expecting it last week in January, if I get it any earlier then its a bonus :)
    £100 - £10,000
  • miamoo wrote: »
    To be fair to One poll, it does say on the website that payment takes 28 days, I know you said it used to be a couple of days, but there sucess has obviously made that impossible now. I would wait the 28days, and if you dont hear anything by then, message them. I applied for my cash back earlier this week, so I'm expecting it last week in January, if I get it any earlier then its a bonus :)

yes I do understand that they say it can take up to 28 days. my issues are that the surveys almost stop when you get near payout. They didnt do that before.
    Also when you read the one poll facebook page there are people that are beig paid within a few days and yet others that are waiting for over a month. hows that work?
    another thing is that they rarely answer emails and when they do the are just waffle, not really answerig anything.
    Also the competition surverys, winners have not been updated since the summer and no one seems to win them.
    It does take a long time to reach payout with them, the least they can do is play fair to people that bother. After all without people filling in their surveys they have no business
  • First why is that once you get to £39 the surveys almost stop and it can take weeks to get to payout when before getting close to payout limit there are several surveys every day, once you get to last pound or so you get hardley any?

I honestly don't think they do ... And that's not just a feeling, because I've plotted a graph of my OnePoll balance against time and it doesn't flatten out when my balance has gotten close to £40. It's not a straight linear line from £0 to £40 obviously, but there's no step change in gradient near £40 either.

Of course, there are times when OnePoll has fewer surveys than it does at other times and also times when OnePoll has plenty of surveys for which you don't qualify. If either of these was to coincide with your balance being close to £40 then that could affect your perception.

... and perception is what it is for most people IMHO. They don't really pay attention to their balance until it gets close to £40, and then it seems like it's taking ages to get to £40. "A watched kettle never boils" and such like.
  • I honestly don't think they do ... And that's not just a feeling, because I've plotted a graph of my OnePoll balance against time and it doesn't flatten out when my balance has gotten close to £40. It's not a straight linear line from £0 to £40 obviously, but there's no step change in gradient near £40 either.

Of course, there are times when OnePoll has fewer surveys than it does at other times and also times when OnePoll has plenty of surveys for which you don't qualify. If either of these was to coincide with your balance being close to £40 then that could affect your perception.

... and perception is what it is for most people IMHO. They don't really pay attention to their balance until it gets close to £40, and then it seems like it's taking ages to get to £40. "A watched kettle never boils" and such like.

Wonder what happened to OnePoll Admin poster?
    Hmmmm.... I play close attention to my balance all the time and there are definitely fewer surveys as you approach £40 - and more so now than ever before.
    “Rain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport