Need help on cheapest travel by tonight!

Options
Hi,
Really need help as I can't find the information I need.
I need to work out the cheapest fair to St George's hospital in tooting from merstham.

I need the most direct and consistent route because I'm disabled. As far as I can tell this is merstham to London Bridge then tube to tooting Broadway.

I will leave around 6.50am so it's a peak journey.

I need the cheapest option or I run the risk the nhs bursary won't refund me.

As far as I can tell there is a 1 month zone 1-7 travel card for around £240. But I don't know if this is the right price. Are travel cards the same price whether you use oyster or paper anyway?

Daily travel via student Oyster card which is £28 a day or £280 for the month. (Monday to Friday).

A tailored 1 month train ticket with tube access to get me to Tooting Broadway but I don't know the price for this or even if they offer this. Maybe I need to separate the journey? So buy one pass for 1 month travel from London Bridge to Tooting Broadway and another 1 month train ticket from merstham to London Bridge?

What is the cheapest option please, I travel at 6.30 tmrw and if I get it wrong it could be a costly mistake. I'm getting stressed out and I really need to be putting all my energy into my work placement.

Can someone break the options down for me?

St George's hospital is amazing but I can't enjoy the experience with this hanging over my head. All help appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 May 2016 at 7:51AM
    Options
    Not sure I can fully answer your question - but Merstham isn't in zone 7, but outside the zones, so a zones 1-7 price is no use

The cheapest way will be avoiding zone 1 - Merstham to East Croydon, East Croydon to Balham, Balham to Tooting Broadway.

A monthly Merstham to zones 3-6 travelcard is £207.40. Merstham to zones 1-6 is £295.30 so a lot more

I think you will need a photo for the travecard
  • cookie365
    cookie365 Posts: 1,809 Forumite
    Options
    Would you be able to use a bus? According to traveline.info you can get a train to Clapham Junction then the 77 bus to Garratt Lane round the corner from the hospital.

Don't know costs though.
  • eskimo26
    eskimo26 Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm tentatively sticking with my current route which is direct to Clapham j and the g1 bus straight to the hospital.

My big problem is managing changes so this way is pretty direct it also happens to be substantially the cheapest option by coincidence.

I think they may prefer me to get a 1 month pass as it's faster to process on the admin (only one receipt) but I'm saving them money so they can lump it.

Thanks for the replies though I appreciate the help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure