A new chapter

Comments

• I placed a couple more free bets today with 188bet and netbet, the matched betting is going well enough so far I should be able to start withdrawing some cash in the coming days.

I have downloaded a meal planner app, i was hoping there would be one without adverts and would somehow give me a shopping list but I think I might have been hoping for too much. The one I have is a simple planner and nothing more but at least there are no adverts.....

Got to do a food shop tonight at Mr Al's, lets see how restrained I can be.

Mortgage free - 01/05/2019, mortgage high £200k 2011
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good luck with the food shop/plan :) you can do it!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • lincoln-potter
    lincoln-potter Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 11 January 2017 at 10:33AM
    Okay so I have been thinking things over whilst walking round doing Mr Al's last night (Spent £110 but I'll explain what on shortly), and I am actually quite looking forward to being single for a while and doing the simple things like the food shopping and the cooking because for the first time in many many years it is entirely my choice. Normally shopping was either left to the ex or I had a specific list and it was a rush to get around in order to get back to the kids but last night was lovely. I strolled around had a good look at all their specials (I love gadgets and workshop bits), so I ended up buying some extra gym kettlebells, an exercise matt, some cheap running trainers for £14 (Again I'll explain why shortly) and some more pots and pans since half have gone.

I definitely realised though as I walked around that I need to do a full months meal plan to make sure I have only the items I need and enough of them.

Now why have I got some dirt cheap trainers which feel like they are made out of polystyrene? Well I am doing in a few months a obstacle course 10K mud run.... I need to start training next week and aim to do 3-4 runs a week in preparation, I have always wanted to do one and now is the time. If I don't start as I mean to go on I will end up sitting down on a night and just watching the TV and thats no good.

After the food shop I got back and I sorted my sock drawer until later (boring I know but I feel better now since I have binned all the old threadbare ones and bought some new). Matched them all up, and since night times will no longer be a routine of tea, kids bath, teeth, story and bed I figure using the same time to get the place more neat will let me keep on top of it easier.

Had a match betting win come through so that's another £46.89 to the pot, up to £257.85 so far now.

I have setup a nectar account and added it to ebay for purchases along with the toolbar, every little helps after all (wrong supermarket slogan I know :) )

Got to go to town today to sort final payment out to the ex and thats I all ties are cut then. Feeling really positive and actually apart from the financial loss and the fact I won't see the kids every morning otherwise I am really looking forward to the future.

Oh forgot to say I did spend £18 at Dominos the other night :s oops

• Good for you!

MCI
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • Didn't do a great deal last night, watched a film and stayed up too late when really I should have had an early night....

Getting my phone upgraded today so I will be able to trade my old phone in for around £60. Didn't spend anything yesterday although tonight I need to do Mr T for some fuel and use the PayQwig app to get the free club card points, not 100% sure how to use it but I'll soon see.

I have setup the 2nd DD on my new mule bank account so I can start a switch to First Utility. Does anybody know how soon after you can apply to the original bank again to use them as another mule? I plan eventually on having 6-8 accounts to maximise interest and monthly rewards.

I plan on applying for the Sainsburys 0% car at the start of January firstly for the nectar points but also for the 26months.

• When you use your Sainsbury's CC remember to still use your nectar card too - more points!

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• I will do (Once my Nectar card arrives, until now we always used the ex's).

I have been looking at my bucket list and seeing which I want to tick off first, traveling wise I think this year I will do my tour of Italy. I really want to see Rome and the Colosseum, then onto Pompeii and finally Venice. I'll book it as a last minute thing with a flight with Easyjet to Milan then tube and train from there to the different destinations. I know enough Italian to get by luckily enough.

Later in the year I would like to go to Germany for Oktoberfest, I am not a massive drinker by any stretch of the imagination but I would like to soak up the atmosphere.

Those are the two more costly things, in the UK this year i want to:
    - Obstacle course 10k (booked)
    - skydive
    - wimbledon
    - See a music gig

• lippy1923
    lippy1923 Posts: 1,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I want to do Italy this year. Pretty much the exact trip you described!
    Would be interesting to know how much it costs you when you book it. Everywhere I'm looking isn't coming in as cheap as I hoped :(

Well done on the matched betting. I still need to look into that lol
    Total Mortgage OP £61,000
    Outstanding Mortgage £27,971
    Emergency Fund £62,100
    I AM NOW MORTGAGE NEUTRAL!!!! <<Sep-20>>

• Started the day and I have already sorted a cleaner who will be £10p/h and do 2 hours every other week. I don't mind hovering etc but I know this way once the kids have gone it'll be nice and clean afterwards.

Need to go to Mr T later as I didn't get last night and need to by Sunday in order to get the extra TESCO points.
    lippy1923 wrote: »
    I want to do Italy this year. Pretty much the exact trip you described!
    Would be interesting to know how much it costs you when you book it. Everywhere I'm looking isn't coming in as cheap as I hoped :(

Well done on the matched betting. I still need to look into that lol

Hi Lippy,

Yes I love Italy I got most years to MIlan on work but never really got the chance to fully sight see, I've seen the Duomo and castle in Milan but nothing outside of the city.

I'll let you know when I book but normally its a cheap flight to bergamo or Linate, from the main bus station in Milan you can catch a bus. Generally hotel wise "star hotels" are quite a good chain at decent enough prices.

Yeah matched betting is going better than I expected it to. Just waiting for Saturdays games before I have money in the account again for the next round of bets.

Woke up today expecting a thick layer of snow and instead was confronted with a sprinkle of what looked almost like the icing you put on a cake, the kids were quite underwhelmed by it. It did make me glad though that I have the 4wd truck, just need to add a winch and some extra lighting.

• Rome was fabulous - went 5 years ago - want to go back as we didn't get to go in the Vatican as it was Easter weekend.

Pompeii is not a place to go if you are feeling depressed! Very interesting though - the archaeology is fantastic - and you must do the walk up the volcano!

Not been to Venice - but this one is on my bucket list too.

How exciting!

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure