Nhs discounts??

I did not have a clue where to post this so sorry if its in the way...Does anyone have any idea what discounts, if any, are offered to NHS staff?? I know there is a website with a few bits and bobs on but just wondered if anyone has managed to get anything in shops etc. Dorothy Perkins/Top Man used to give discount in store but stopped a few years back.Thanks guys :-)

Comments

• MrsJG
    MrsJG Posts: 7 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The website still exists.

Not sure if the link will show up as it's my first post (been lurking for years):embarasse so it's: www dot nhsdiscounts dot com

You will need to register as usual, but to be honest I don't always think they have fantastic offers, but I can complain because something is better than nothing.

Happy Shopping :)
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • James_Nolan
    James_Nolan Posts: 46 Forumite
    Domino's used to give 50% discount, and still do in some places, but has been reduced to 25% in a lot of places.

You can get a discount on mobile contracts with orange

You can buy a wide range of giftcards and vouchers via nhsdiscounts.com, which give you anything from 3% to 10% off at a wide range of places. Asda 3.5%, B&Q 6% etc

You get a certain % off at Apple, but the higher education discounts are higher than what the NHS discounts are.

Burtons is 10% off.
  • You can sign up to the NHSdiscounts site (as posted by another poster above) for additional discounts but with your staff card shown in various stores you can get some perks...

You get 10% at Nandos and cafe rouge with a valid staff card
  • The following are all valid at present as either myself or the guys in the office have used them in the last month.

Cineworld: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Nandos: 20% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Wallis: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Body Shop: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Dorothy Perkins: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Dominos: 50% off if you collect, 25% if you get it delivered (Must advise them NHS over the phone before placing order)
    Subway: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Caf! Rouge: 20% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Free NHS Eye Test and money off glasses with Specsavers
    National Express 15%
    O2/Vodaphone/Orange 20% and Three 25% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
  • MrsJG wrote: »
    The website still exists.

Not sure if the link will show up as it's my first post (been lurking for years):embarasse so it's: www dot nhsdiscounts dot com

You will need to register as usual, but to be honest I don't always think they have fantastic offers, but I can complain because something is better than nothing.

Happy Shopping :)

I use www dot staff discounts dot org.

I have just claimed an offer on there from a hotel offering 2 nights stay and alton towers tickets plus lunch to take with you for £99 per person! Bargin!
  • Rosie2 wrote: »
    I did not have a clue where to post this so sorry if its in the way...Does anyone have any idea what discounts, if any, are offered to NHS staff?? I know there is a website with a few bits and bobs on but just wondered if anyone has managed to get anything in shops etc. Dorothy Perkins/Top Man used to give discount in store but stopped a few years back.Thanks guys :-)

SUPER CAMPS GIVE ALL NHS STAFF A DISCOUNT OF UP TO £6.00 OFF PER DAY FOR EACH CHILD THAT YOU BOOK ONTO ONE OF THEIR CAMPS..HOPE THIS HELPS :rotfl:
  • AimeeB88
    AimeeB88 Posts: 23 Forumite
    lmur wrote: »
    The following are all valid at present as either myself or the guys in the office have used them in the last month.

Cineworld: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Nandos: 20% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Wallis: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Body Shop: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Dorothy Perkins: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Dominos: 50% off if you collect, 25% if you get it delivered (Must advise them NHS over the phone before placing order)
    Subway: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Caf! Rouge: 20% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Free NHS Eye Test and money off glasses with Specsavers
    National Express 15%
    O2/Vodaphone/Orange 20% and Three 25% (show NHS Card or Payslip)

Do you know how they got the 25% discount on Three?

I've just called them and they said they don't offer the 25% discount and that there's a code we can use to get £100 cashback on our intranet, but all NHS sites have their own intranet.

Confused!!
  • Netwizard
    Netwizard Posts: 830 Forumite
    AimeeB88 wrote: »
    Do you know how they got the 25% discount on Three?

I've just called them and they said they don't offer the 25% discount and that there's a code we can use to get £100 cashback on our intranet, but all NHS sites have their own intranet.

Confused!!

Three used to offer the 25% discount a long time ago, but its not showed up on NHSdiscounts for about a year now. The three link on NHS discounts just takes you to http://www.buymobilephones.net where the prices are the same as on the three website anyway.

Dominos have also dropped their offer to 25% in some area's, so double check that before ordering. There are always online discount codes around for Dominos so check before you order, it might be cheaper to just use a discount code rather than mess about with the NHS discount.

Likewise with Bodyshop.

Asked orange about their NHS discount on the iphone tarrifs, but it doesn't apply on those!

You can also buy vouchers for a lot of stores which will give you a few quid off here and there but overall, its not worth it. I've worked for the NHS for 8 years and never taken advantages of any of the so called "discounts" :(
  • BHS do a 10% discount, including sale items. We use it quite regularly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure