Argos Returns - Bid On A Pallet Load

Sorry if this has been posted before just noticed this

Register with Argos and bid on customer returns at their distribution HQ at Daventry, Northants.

Argos staff will load pallet(s) on your vehicle - best to have a van I think.

Handy if you live local

https://www.argosclearance.co.uk

Thanks to the poster on a.n.other forum

Comments

• ceanth
    ceanth Posts: 113
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dont live local to it but might be handy, signed up waiting to be "considered", many thanks for the info
  • Scarlet_Fever
    Scarlet_Fever Posts: 447 Forumite
    i dont live anywhere near this - but have a friend who will travel - do this happen anywhere else in the country???? like sussex????
    Willow: I knew it, I knew it, well not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
  • zodiac
    zodiac Posts: 1,255 Forumite
    Im being 'considered', would it had been better if I had put a company name in as well?
    I remember when this was just a little website! :money:
  • billybob05_2
    billybob05_2 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Just a word of caution. It may be possible to get some great bargains but do your research. You can download the items on each palet as an excell document and I have found more often than not the returns are:
    a: no longer available on the web or through argos
    b: with a sky high retail value eg 64meg memory sticks with an rrp of £34.99 when nowadays you can easily pick them up for a fiver.
    c: stock that is still on argos.com at a much reduced price.
    d: some stock -b which could be well used and scratched
    e: old technology which is going to be hard to sell on.

Just saying do your research, I've been involved in electrical retail for many years, got quite excited about the site and have done my homework and not found an auction where I could be sure to make a profit. I'm just worried novices will bid £1000s and not be able to re-coupe their investment.
  • Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    Worth a go though isn't it....

Spikey
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
  • billybob05_2
    billybob05_2 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Don't want to sound negative, just that there's alot of people selling electrical equipment on ebay and at car boots etc. It's a buyers market and I found (and I
    have sat for hours going through argos.com, finding cheap prices of listed stock on shopping comparison sites and finding the lowest prices things sell for on ebay and on about 15 different auctions I would stuggle to make a profit.
  • Nex0
    Nex0 Posts: 913
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If it makes you feel any better I cant enough stuff together at the moment to make the b+ and b- pallets as there litrally flying out of the racking
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    my mate is a delivery/pick up returns driver for argos and the other day he picked up a leather suite that was to big for the ladys house.. this is classed now as a return and goes to the auction. he has picked up tellys .dvds. computers etc.. some because the colour not right . some because it clashes with the other furniture etc.. yes he has also picked up a sandwich toaster that was non stick etc etc. so if you have the money the time and the space then i would say go for it ..
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • Roger_Rampant
    Roger_Rampant Posts: 3,282
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Im being 'considered', would it had been better if I had put a company name in as well?
    [font=arial,][size=-1]By using this website you confirm that you are doing so in the course of business and not as a consumer and have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use this website.
    [/size][/font]
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
  • Chatterbox_3
    Chatterbox_3 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Gulp....I was a private buyer! Will I get in to trouble?
    What if there IS no PMS and this is just my personality :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport