Robinson way letter

1235»

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    HPH is just another subsidiary of the company that owns Robbers Way as far as I recall, so it's just been sent back to them with a "we can't collect" note it seems?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,717
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    No response to your CCA request then ?

As things stand, as they have not yet replied to your request, the account would be unenforceable, until they do respond.

You should send a CCA request reminder letter, telling them you made a CCA request on such an such a date, and they have not yet responded to it, remind them the account is unenforceable until they do so.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • darkelf
    darkelf Posts: 60 Forumite
    no, no cca has been sent to me,
    They acknowledged the request i sent but never provided anything.
  • sourcrates
    Ambassador
    darkelf wrote: »
    no, no cca has been sent to me,
    They acknowledged the request i sent but never provided anything.

This is your next step :

You should send a CCA request reminder letter, telling them you made a CCA request on such an such a date, and they have not yet responded to it, remind them the account is unenforceable until they do so.

Very important you follow this up, as they have a tendency to ignore such things.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • darkelf
    ok, is there a template for this or just type it out?
  • sourcrates
    Ambassador
    ok, is there a template for this or just type it out?

DCA address

Dear sir/madam,

Acc no : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On such an such a date i made a request for a copy of my original credit agreement for the above account.

You are aware a creditor has 12+2 days in which to comply with this request, this time limit has now seriously expired, and, under section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974, the account is now unenforceable in court, until such time as you do comply.

yours sincerely

Darkelf

something along those lines will be fine.
  • darkelf
    ok, thankyou very much.
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Hi all, got this letter today showing £0 balance and the following words....what do you think??

""We acknowledge your recent communication and write to inform you that the account to which you were referring to is now closed on our files.
    We will pass any relevant documentation/information that you have sent on to our client for them to deal with accordingly.
    For your future reference, our client can be contacted at the following address""
    HPH LTD (EX HSBC)
    QUAYS REACH

Theyve given up for now according to that so cant see any point in wasting money writing to RW unless they start up again or pass it on to someone else.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • darkelf
    if these people cannot provide a cca then no one else will be able to...thats my thinking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure