Finlux TVs

Options
13»

Comments

• mumsandra
    Options
    Thanks almillar and moneyineptitude,
    in this case the retailer is Groupon who I have had several conversations with and are disputing the fact that they sold me the TV. What they are saying is, they sold me a voucher which I used to buy the TV from Finlux, therefore Finlux are responsible. At the moment their management team are looking into it. Watch this space.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mumsandra - OK Groupon are kindof right, and Finlux are acting as both manufacturer and retailer. You need to get in touch with them (the retailer contact you have) and if they don't give you satisafaction, Groupon should be advised.
  • mumsandra
    mumsandra Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I did persevere and after contacting the CAB, who advised me to write to Finlux, I found I didn't have a postal address for them other than on the Warranty card,also with a phone number, so I rang them and asked why the Warranty card had their address on . To be told, we are the manufacturers of Finlux televisions. So, I asked to speak to head office, re-iterated my complaint and the guy in charge said they would repair it at their cost. They collected it , took it 100 miles to the factory, repaired it with a new motherboard and brought it back. All's well that ends well !
  • UNEEK
    UNEEK Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 23 March 2014 at 3:00PM
    Options
    Hello let me tell you my experience with finlux i ordered a 3d tv 3 weeks ago in all that time ive had nothing but stress i bought it thru paypal from finlux website next day delivery hmmm im still waiting for my tv ok i got a email from them saying paypal want id of my address (paypal said they dont need my id btw)so i sent a pic of my address on a bill still no tv so i called them left my number 4 a call back no call ever came so i called again and someone spoke to me gave me a order number then put me thru to ups delivery ups took my number and said no number is on there system so i called finlux back who them said my delivery is with parcelforce then parcelforce told me the same thing so i called finlux back then they said they need id told them i sent it over a week ago so i called paypal asked 4 a refund which im waiting on finlux 3 weeks later responded to my email we have ur id we email u in 1 hour to confirm ur id 2 days later another email said send us ur order number to confirm your id cant they look 4 that on there system so now om doing there job 4 them i still have no tv they still have my cash no refund no response customer service is a joke and its a 0845 number avoid at all cost this company wont respond to you imagine trying to send back a faulty item its cost me over £15 in calls to them and im still in the dark and still dont know if im getting a tv or refund :(
  • UNEEK
    UNEEK Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I have just got a email saying the same thing i got a week ago ur id has been sent to our finance department to confirm ur address omg i just sent them 35 emails saying refund on all of them to flood there inbox oh with a few swear words in there to im past the point of caring now is there anything that can be done about this BS ive gone thru
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    UNEEK wrote: »
    i just sent them 35 emails
    As you:eek: do…..
  • Money-Saving-King
    Options
    UNEEK wrote: »
    Hello let me tell you my experience with finlux i ordered a 3d tv 3 weeks ago in all that time ive had nothing but stress i bought it thru paypal from finlux website next day delivery hmmm im still waiting for my tv ok i got a email from them saying paypal want id of my address (paypal said they dont need my id btw)so i sent a pic of my address on a bill still no tv so i called them left my number 4 a call back no call ever came so i called again and someone spoke to me gave me a order number then put me thru to ups delivery ups took my number and said no number is on there system so i called finlux back who them said my delivery is with parcelforce then parcelforce told me the same thing so i called finlux back then they said they need id told them i sent it over a week ago so i called paypal asked 4 a refund which im waiting on finlux 3 weeks later responded to my email we have ur id we email u in 1 hour to confirm ur id 2 days later another email said send us ur order number to confirm your id cant they look 4 that on there system so now om doing there job 4 them i still have no tv they still have my cash no refund no response customer service is a joke and its a 0845 number avoid at all cost this company wont respond to you imagine trying to send back a faulty item its cost me over £15 in calls to them and im still in the dark and still dont know if im getting a tv or refund :(

Do we get a prize if we can find the full stop?
  • loughlini
    loughlini Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, This is a random message to all those in this thread who used to work for Granada TV rental. I worked for them for 5 years in the late 60's. Has anyone received a pension from them or made any pension enquiries? Just interested to investigate if I have a little pot of gold somewhere...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    loughlini wrote: »
    Hi, This is a random message to all those in this thread who used to work for Granada TV rental.
    Granada TV Rental used to rent out Finlandia branded sets, not Finlux!:D

I think this was established early on in this thread (post #8)

I think you are more likely to have some success with your query if you post it on the Pensions board;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19
  • davehills
    davehills Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    Finlux are a sub brand of Vestel these days.

However, that shouldn't stop you buying one, as I think Vestel are the No 3 TV maker worldwide and modern Finlux TVs often get good reviews.

I'd certainly choose Finlux over some other budget brands..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure