We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Comments

• rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    rozeepozee wrote: »
    I don't know if this will work https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6sf1094pbofb3n/2012-07-07%2013.23.26.jpg

I love that view. It gives me joy.
    CTC is right. the locals look at us funny when we rave about our view because that's a view they see every day. Yawn...

However, please look again and squint and, in the distance, in the dip, there is... THE SEA! :cool:

Yes, we have been busy fencing, Dave. Rather a lot of fencing, in fact. I like the ranch style :)
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Still no final chapter from me for the pellet story...

Not sure I would go this route again tbh, but that be because it tastes sour ATM.

Something else.....it's not a silent boiler, Wonder if you could site the boiler ion the garage too......it's not uncommon to put them outside, and then there would be no pellet shifting.

If you are over in this direction to see outlaws you are welcome to see the beast in person.

I meant by 'boiler house & pellet store' that the boiler and the large pellet silo would be in the garage and shown that way on the plan we submit. As we'd be building a new bit on the back of the garage (there's actually already a bit there that needs demolition) it would be a good route into the house for all the associated pipework. ;)

Sorry to hear your monster still needs some taming. Although pellet boilers aren't new, the installers are on unfamiliar territory in the UK, so it feels like we are at the bleeding edge of technology just now. :(

Thanks for the offer. Will try to take you up on it in the New Year when daylight is longer. :)
  • rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I do hope you sort out your teething problems. LIR. It must be quite disheartening... :(
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Elderly neighbour had a very bad allergic reaction - head & tongue swelled to alarming levels.

Roads really dire, but air ambulance came & landed next to our croft & whisked him off to Inverness. He's fine after a day in there & adreniline & steroids.
    Quite scary.

It's so cold & wet & the waters frozen. Nice & cosy with the wood burner in here.

No work on the house last few days as the weather is just too wet & frozen - supposed to get more cladding today but just no go.
  • Davesnave
    That's hilarious and very confusing. i didn't even recognise it as our plot because that gate has fallen down and it's the top field...... Is it one that our neighbour posted to advertise their static caravan?

Yes, it's from the neighbour's caravan advert. ;)

The neighbour's house was up for sale some years ago. When it first hit the market, the extent of their garden land wasn't clear, so I was briefly interested. I'm not sure that it ever sold.

It was only when I looked at your place aerially that I worked out that you were 'next door neighbours' to the caravan house. :)
  • Davesnave
    Yes, we have been busy fencing, Dave. Rather a lot of fencing, in fact. I like the ranch style :)

This is the last bit Pete did, separating our field from the neighbour's garden. Neighbour went 50:50 on the cost to get post/rail style. It's what we have down the side of ours too. :)

2guac1e.jpg
  • Davesnave, now I am having serious doughts:o:o:o

Is Pete really good at everything:rotfl::D

Talking about fencing, we were going to try and get a bit more fencing done, around part of the garden...got plenty of fencing, and posts left, so will put the ebay sales that i will hopefully get between now and crimbo towards the cost of the fencing guys..

We have decided not to put any christmas decorations up this year:o:o as We think the kitten will have a field day, :rotfl::rotfl:
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave, now I am having serious doughts:o:o:o

Is Pete really good at everything:rotfl::D

You'd have to ask Mrs Pete that one. ;)
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Does Pete know he has a fan club?

Beautiful fencing. We'll never afford more than a top rail I think. But we will alsop run an electric line off the top of ours.
  • Davesnave
    Does Pete know he has a fan club?

Beautiful fencing. We'll never afford more than a top rail I think. But we will alsop run an electric line off the top of ours.

No, he hasn't an inkling, which is probably a Good Thing, as he's not the sort of person who'd seek publicity.

He's a 'do it all' farmer, and as such, an endangered species. Not many left who keep the 3 main four leggeds, grow their own feed and do forestry & fencing part-time. ;) Oh, and he's trained in agri mechanics too. :)

We only have 3 rails down the side of our plot, where we see it a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure