Flight delay and cancellation compensation, BA ONLY

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unfortunately, probably not. ATC strikes are one of the few true ECs.
    You could put your flight details into a checker, such as Botts, to see if you have a valid claim.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There is no EU261 compensation for ATC strikes as this is not within the control of the airline.
    Did your travel agent not ask BA to move you to a MRS flight rather than purchase a new ticket for the alternate flight?
  • twisterzzz
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    There is no EU261 compensation for ATC strikes as this is not within the control of the airline.
    Did your travel agent not ask BA to move you to a MRS flight rather than purchase a new ticket for the alternate flight?

They tried but there was no flight on the same day and like I mentioned before I had to return on the same day so had no choice but to buy a ticket from another airport.
  • fudgesmoothies
    Options
    Just an update on my case, had a nice email this morning and both of us are getting 600 euros in compensation! Result! Thanks for the advice and help on the original post
  • JPears
    Options
    fanatastic, well done.
    And apologies for misreading the regulations earlier!

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done fudgesmoothies:beer:
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • abertawe1
    Options
    hi fudgesmoothies
    well done with your compo ,was your cancelled flight on the 3rd of nov by anychance sounds light the same flight i was on . i am still waiting to hear on my claim.
  • Applied for compensation through Resolver link on MSE for a flight from Baku, Azerbijan for October 2015 beginning of November (2017) and received 600 Euros last week.
  • JPears
    Options
    Very good news. Well done.

• Jinder
    Options
    Hi, I made a complaint to BA through resolver, me an my wife was delayed 2 days coming home from Bahamas in 2013 due to over booked plane, BA gave me an my wife £250 each and put us up on Hilton for 2 nights, the £250 was for the 2 days we was they to spend, anyway when I put a claim in my rply was we was paid £250 each so wasn't entitled to anymore, any help and advice please
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback